🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 16 — The Water Box

Holy shit! The gang makes their way down the lift to find an open cell door with nothing but an eerie box filled with water. Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo) investigates it, Bartho Shett (Ken Daly) worriedly questions Mildred’s actions, and Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn) & Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch) keep their distance as a shrill voice (Mr. Sark) from the box asks for their help. It’s the kind of episode that will possibly make you shit your pants. Plus, the gang calls out to the fans to help them get Vin Diesel on the show!

• Like 1

Oh man, I loved the 'language barrier' going on in this episode with Mr. Whispers.

• Like 1

Awesome episode! Thoroughly loved the water-ghoul-thing-he-it's voice.

Also, if the shit about vin diesel(sic?) is true, my respect for him just exponentially increased. SOMEONE FAMOUS/RICH/WELL CONNECTED/RELATED TO VIN DIESEL *PLEASE* ask him to guest on this show. Win would, of course, beyond epic.

No idea if this will help with the #GetVinToNerdPoker campaign, but I knocked up a quick facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Vin-Diesel-to-visit-Nerd-Poker-DD-Podcast/437056753045855?ref=stream

Seemed like facebook was one of the few official social media links available for Vin Diesel.

BTW, if any earwolf admins want me to take the page down, or if you want me to grant you admin rights, let me know. I'm a total facebook noob so any advice is welcome.

The main reason I did it was to gather "likes" (signatures) from other Nerd Poker fans.

And to mess around with photoshop... Check out Vin's SPIRIT LEOPARD :)/>

ENJOY!

Dear Vin DIesel,

You don't know me, I'm just some normal asshole who listens to a podcast by Brian Posehn. You probably know Brian, he's been in movies and is on Conan like 15 times a year, and you probably know a lot of the same people due to "industry connections"/Kevin Bacon rule, but for some reason he asked me to contact you regarding you appearing on his show. Anyway if you get this can you reply? I have to get back to my shitty cubicle job where I don't get the month of March off after returning from a stint in Hawaii.

Thanks

ps- I'm including a Polaroid of myself working out. It is at the bottom of the box under the human head.

• Like 5

Dear Vin DIesel,

You don't know me, I'm just some normal asshole who listens to a podcast by Brian Posehn. You probably know Brian, he's been in movies and is on Conan like 15 times a year, and you probably know a lot of the same people due to "industry connections"/Kevin Bacon rule, but for some reason he asked me to contact you regarding you appearing on his show. Anyway if you get this can you reply? I have to get back to my shitty cubicle job where I don't get the month of March off after returning from a stint in Hawaii.

Thanks

ps- I'm including a Polaroid of myself working out. It is at the bottom of the box under the human head.

Almost word-for-word what I posted to his facebook wall :)

there is something about hearing Brian's voice every week that relieves my stress and anxiety for a bit haha no not in a dirty way.. thanks for the quality castin!

• Like 1

Oh man, I loved the 'language barrier' going on in this episode with Mr. Whispers.

I vote to call the water sprite/man-thing "Mr. Whispers." Thanks Sark for the curve ball. Also, everytime you say "catwalk" I giggle.

Hope the Rod of Cumulation will cum in handy.

• Like 2

You guys could try to do some kind of crossover with Geek & Sundry (Felicia Day). They are usually pretty friendly with others in the industry.

They are doing a tabletop gaming show with Wil Wheaton on Youtube but I don't think they are really in competition with you guys. They play a different game every week whereas you guys have the whole continuation from episode to episode thing, plus you guys focus on the podcast format instead of video.

They just started this whol TableTop gaming day thing, so maybe it's a good time:

I posted this idea in a few places but thought maybe the forums would be a good place to float the idea again.

If Vin needs some convincing maybe someone with more technical savvy than I have could set uo some sort of page where fans could sign and agree to make some sort of voluntary monetary donation to the charity of Vin's choice if he agrees to do the show? It'd be a "win-win" I think. We'd all get to enjoy Vin on the show and help others at the same time.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Dropping some Blackstreet Posehn?! That's even less metal than NOT crushing the skulls of thy prisoners! :-) Speaking of the Prisoner, RIP Clive Burr! Now I'm going to crawl into a corner, suck on my thumb, and question my own metalness for quickly knowing what he was singing. I'm also loving them taking shots at "the Internet". Great episode this week!

I never thought Bart would be my favorite character when the podcast started, but he's definitely getting there.

• Like 4

I once knew a drag queen named Aquanetta Thunderpussy. When Sark does the voice, he kind of sounds like her. I nominate that name.

• Like 1

I never thought Bart would be my favorite character when the podcast started, but he's definitely getting there.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Some of his role playing had me laughing the most this episode!

there is something about hearing Brian's voice every week that relieves my stress and anxiety for a bit haha no not in a dirty way.. thanks for the quality castin!

Me too, except for the "not in a dirty way" part.

• Like 1

"This break is brought to you by Sports Video Games! Sports Video Games: For the Sports Fan who hates the idea of playing sports!"

"This break is brought to you by Chipotle! Chipotle: The only Mexican food chain in America NOT busted for horse meat....Yet!"

• Like 1

Man I am in complete disagreement with everyone else who’s chimed in. This was the first episode I didn’t like. Too much fucking around in this one, and waaaayyy too much of it was Bartho Shett. When they were about to move on and Brian stopped Sark to see if they should divvy up the spoils it was the first time in the any of the episodes I debated turning it off. Just as they started to do something here came another bit of nothing happening and quips.

I love this podcast and just last episode wrote about how much I look forward to it, but this one fell completely flat for me.

I love that Ken plays a fire-breathing dragonman as a cowardly bitch! I thought he was hilarious in this one. But I can see your point, sometimes. I thought the few episodes that skipped Steve Miller Time flowed a little better. But what the fuck do I know!? Stupid internet!

3tcwp6.jpg

• Like 1

This was one of my favorite episodes. Loved the suspence about the water box at first. "What's in the boooox?"

I found the treasure dividing very funny and was thrilled they didn't edit it out. It was funny a great palate cleanser between the last fight and the one coming up.

Screw Vin Diesel; I want Gerry back!