🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CPiz

Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (1985)

About a couple trying to save an African baby Brontosaurus from a greedy scientist. 10% on Rotten Tomatoes. Stars William Katt (Greatest American Hero, House) and Sean Young. I saw this as a kid and even hated it then. Tagline: "The greatest adventure ever born!"

I remember liking this. But I can't remember anything about it besides that.

This 80's film started my obsession with dinosaurs, and actually has more violence than Jurassic Park, which was made almost a decade later. The film itself is actually based on the folklore that some types of dinosaurs have been spotted or live in remote jungles in the Congo, think of it as an African version of big foot. Oddly enough, I believe this might actually be considered a Disney film because of it's involvement with Touchstone and other Disney companies distributed it internationally.

001c2472_medium.jpeg

Baby: Secret of The Lost Legend stars William Kat from The Greatest American Hero and Sean Young from Blade Runner/Dune.

A paleontologist and her husband discover a mother and baby brontosaurus in Africa, and try to protect them from a group of hunters intent on capturing the dinosaurs.

Here's a short trailer for the film, plus the only action scene I could find (ignore the comical use of Street Fighter music). The special effects weren't bad, all things considered.

[media='']

[/media]

740full-baby%3A-secret-of-the-lost-legend-poster.jpg

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this