🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CPiz

Idle Hands

Takes the disembodied hand coming to life idea from Evil Dead II and makes a whole movie out of it. Features Devon Sawa, Seth Green, Vivica A. Fox, Jessica Alba and The Offspring. Fred Willard in a small part. Robert Englund as the voice of the hand. Budget: $25 Million. Box Office: just over $4 million. 15% on Rotten Tomatoes. When my friend and I saw this in the theater on opening night (I'm so ashamed) we were the only ones there. Fails as both a horror movie and a comedy.

It's admittedly been a long time since I've seen this, but I believe it was designed as a showcase for Jessica Alba in skimpy outfits.

They played

It's admittedly been a long time since I've seen this, but I believe it was designed as a showcase for Jessica Alba in skimpy outfits.

They played that up in the trailer, but it wasn't even that. It's mostly Devon Sawa running around like an idiot. (I loved Final Destination though). The best part is Seth Green and the other friend, but "best part" is reaalllllllly strectching it.

They played

They played that up in the trailer, but it wasn't even that. It's mostly Devon Sawa running around like an idiot. (I loved Final Destination though). The best part is Seth Green and the other friend, but "best part" is reaalllllllly strectching it.

Well that and the girl dressed as a member of Kiss before the school dance having sex in her car and showcasing an awesome set of tits, so much so that one of the dead friends has to mention how great her tits are. I also remember a scene where Alba's best friend gets chopped up in a giant vent fan blade which is over a high school hallway, when it is clearly designed to be in an industrial factory.

I also remember a scene where Alba's best friend gets chopped up in a giant vent fan blade which is over a high school hallway, when it is clearly designed to be in an industrial factory.

That scene yields one of the few good lines of the movie: "I'm not going through all this Tanya. Go back that way."

Sign in to follow this