🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AndyTalarzyk

In the name of the king Omissions

Just a coupld of things I noticed.

When farmer is farming with his son he talks about how hard it is to grow crops and how tough the dirt is, but when he is burying his son he is using beautiful black dirt. So obviously the dirt in that region is perfect for agriculture.

Ok, so young Helen Hunt at the beginning of the movie is apparently great with a sword and she wants to be a warrior, which would lead you to believe that she is super badass, but instead, every time she has a chance to fight she does nothing. She doesn't even catch the duke, a bunch of wood nymphs do. I'm pretty sure he handily defeats her with a sword too. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong though.

And lastly, her dad has no idea she is magical? He gets pissed when he finds out he was banging the magic out of her and says "you've tipped the scales, you've doomed the kingdom." or something to that effect. But at the end when he is dying he is all "oh, I was so blind I hshould have seen this power in you," or something along those lines. So are we too believe that he thought that Ray Liotta getting laid would upset the kingdom? Also, she knew her dad was mortal enemies with this dude. Why in the hell would she be banging him?

Of all the characters in this movie leelee sobieski was the most frustrating, by far.

This is somewhat of a background on Uwe Boll and why he is able to continue making movies even though they flop massively. In Germany, where Uwe Boll is from, is your movie flops horribly, you are entitled to a sort-of insurance claim. This means that despite the flops, Uwe Boll is still getting money from what is essentially the German government.

EDIT: It was not insurance, it has to do with taxes. Apparently the German government, until 2005, allowed investments in film as a tax write off and the film maker would not have to pay any taxes on the film if it lost money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_boll#Financing

A cinematic gem such as this should not have been put on new video formats but instead should have been put on Betamax or Laserdisc so no one will suffer from this crap again. It makes no sense like all the Universal Soldier sequels. With that being said, Paul Jason and June, keep on keeping on. You guys and girl rock.

I think any review of an Uwe Boll would have heavily benefited from explaining who Uwe Boll IS. Especially his long history of buying video game licenses, making bombs that have nearly nothing to do with them (House of the Dead takes place on a jungle island during a rave), then blaming the audiences for not understanding his visions. The closest thing he had to a critical hit was his adaptation of Postal. Also, ironically, his original movie Rampage was closer to the plot of Postal the game than Postal the movie was.

Another fun piece of his history was he challenged his detractors to a boxing match, and most of them were surprised when they showed up and he actually BOXED them, instead of it just being a publicity stunt.

I think any review of an Uwe Boll would have heavily benefited from explaining who Uwe Boll IS. Especially his long history of buying video game licenses, making bombs that have nearly nothing to do with them (House of the Dead takes place on a jungle island during a rave), then blaming the audiences for not understanding his visions. The closest thing he had to a critical hit was his adaptation of Postal. Also, ironically, his original movie Rampage was closer to the plot of Postal the game than Postal the movie was.

Another fun piece of his history was he challenged his detractors to a boxing match, and most of them were surprised when they showed up and he actually BOXED them, instead of it just being a publicity stunt.

I read a lot of Rampage's dialogue was improvised which explains how decent it was. Also, the whole boxing thing was bullshit. Uwe Boll is/was an amateur boxer and he fought a bunch of scrawny nerds. I also read that Uwe's opponents were expecting some sort of fun publicity stunt only to be surprised by Uwe (who is pretty built) beating the crap out of them.

You guys forgot to mention the best bit of dialogue in the whole movie!

When Farmer's wife asks her brother "Where's Zeff? Is he with our parents?" At this point, unbeknownst to her, both her parents and her son are dead. So her brother says "Yes."

Sign in to follow this