🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JamesMatthewNorris

Side Out (1990)

One of my favorite movies from the 90s...who wouldn't want to watch this?

A law student comes to California for the summer and ends up playing professional volleyball.

• Like 1

YES! Good god how did i not think of this. I have this on DVD. It is a watchable movie that is also horrible.

The dialogue

The brain numbing lameness of C. Thomas Howell and Peter Horton's overacting in the "dramatic" volleyball scenes

Peter Horton jogging on the beach shirtless while sticking/puffing his chest out

The hilarious slow motion montage of celbratory "YEAH" 's at the end is almost like something out of a Tim and Eric sketch.

This is a fertile movie to make a "How did this get made" funnybaby. Consider it!

Great suggestion Matt!

• Like 1

Thanks Roc. I gotta admit this is completely watchable. One of my guilty pleasures. The whole movie is like the Top Gun volleyball scene, just longer and gayer, and with better fluffy hair.

• Like 1

"Soul Man" is probably more deserving, if we're going with C. Thomas Howell movies, but that's already been done (kinda). I will say that C. Thomas Howell and Peter Horton is classic early 90's B-listing.

This movie had to have been approved by someone obsessed with the volleyball scene from Top Gun.

This is a cheesetastic movie for sure. The above listed slow-mo high five celebration is amazing. ::high-five:: to you!!

• Like 1

This movie had to have been approved by someone obsessed with the volleyball scene from Top Gun.

This is a cheesetastic movie for sure. The above listed slow-mo high five celebration is amazing. ::high-five:: to you!!

It really does feel like someone watched Top Gun and said to themselves "Wow that was awesome, if only it didnt have all the bullshit with the fighter jets."

I had completely forgotten about this movie and I love C. Thomas Howell!! I had to jump on YouTube to remember. I'll be watching it tonight for sure.

Sign in to follow this