🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JonGedney

Lone Wolf McQuade (1983)

I just watched this one recently and it is a great piece of 80's cheese. You have David Carradine, Chuck Norris and one of those triplet guys from Newhart. Plenty of action including: Beer as a rejuvenating elixir, midget in a helicopter, spaghetti western soundtrack and much more.

Please do this flick, even though it's 30 years old.

This Chuck Norris opus is 80s action at its finest. Coupled with the fact that I'm pretty sure Chuck Norris thinks he IS a Texas Ranger, there's literally no way to go wrong with this movie. He's just so god damn earnest...

Plus, the scenes with Chuck Norris staring down David Carradine before they Karate the shit out of each other are priceless (David Carradine's license plate is "Carate", no joke). And the main bad guy is Midget Orson Welles in an electric wheelchair, whose entrance is amazing.

Seriously, there's so much in this movie for you guys! I'm only 45 minutes into it so far, and I've had to rewind a number of times from just breaking down laughing. The people who wrote this script deserve some sort of award.

Is this the one where they bury Chuck Norris in his truck, and he manages to drive it out of the hole?

• Like 1

It seems your podcast has yet to feature the dramatic output of Chuck Norris. This is the film with which to address that shortcoming. Here we see not the clean-scrubbed character from Walker: Texas Ranger, but an unkempt loose cannon Texas Ranger. Let me enumerate what you'll find when you watch!

The Machine-pistol pirouette!

Gobsmacking villain casting!

The stirring mud puddle theme!

Drinking and driving from the grave!

This is not a soul-shriveling disaster, but a delightful mess - and really, isn't that what you want to see?

We've been podcasting for five years now (Weekly Texas History) and talking about this movie is probably the most important episode we ever recorded.  It is a moral imperitive that HDTGM redeem the greatness of Chuck Norris and David Carradine in this amazong performance.  This is the genesis of Walker Texas Ranger and the idolization of Chuck as a Texas icon.

We at @texaspodcast are big fans and can contribute any history you'd like. 

txpod.co/238

Thanks!

Mike Z.

This movie has everything, everything, everything! You will NOT be disappointed.

Bump.

This has extraordinary potential as a HDTGM flick. It ticks so many boxes.

It also occurs to me that HDTGM hasn't really covered the 80s obsession with country neo-western nonsense. (This makes Roadhouse look cosmopolitan.)

Has HDTGM done any Chuck Norris movies other than Top Dog? For just a pure action movie, I think the podcast would do a great job with Lone Wolf McQuade. Hadn't thought about this movie for a while but I saw it in high school maybe on DVD and really loved it, but it is crazy!

I am sold on this movie from the title alone!

How did i miss this gem in the 80's?

• Like 1

Paul's intro for this would be:

"Roadhouse meets Fast and the Furious, narrated by Mini-Me Orson Wells!"

It'll probably never happen because this movie wasn't really a 'failure' although I'm amazed Rogert Ebert gave this ball of cheez-wiz 3.5 stars(wtf?!?).

Regardless, anyone not familiar with this film should watch the clip below which can be best describe as "A re-enactment of Chuck Norris's birth" and you should be sold on watching this amazing film:

Sign in to follow this