🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Is it really a stretch when they're both from the exact same writers? If JK Rowling wrote another book featuring grim reapers who sucked out your soul and an undead ghoul for a villain with a pet lizard who needed the hero's body to come back to life, would it really be a stretch to say she was running low on ideas? Would you rebut that comparison with, "Ghostbusters had ghosts too! Checkmate!"?

Let's not lose sight of calling Prometheus a terrible movie.

No, but that's a way more specific example. On the other hand, if I said Ghostbusters 2 was just like Harry Potter because they both featured undead villains that needed a child's body to come back to life, I imagine I'd get some solid side eye.

The polar bear is white and the Engineer is kinda white (more translucent gray I'd say). Unless you're seeing a similarity beyond a color scheme, I'm going to maintain that it's a tenuous connection.

And I never thought Prometheus was a terrible movie, just a movie that doesn't quite work because it's trying to be two different things.

I'll never forget how hype i was to see this movie with a buddy of mine who qas just as hype... We walked out of the movie in silence got to the car looked at each other and both said uhhhh i dont think i liked that movie ... Lol so dissapointing