๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
GOZU

Spring Breakers

Easy to get mixed up. Though to be fair, Herzog continued an interview after getting shot, Boll would have challenged the shooter to a boxing match.

• Like 1

I found the interview your talking about. NO big deal, just got shot. carry on the interview... Happens all the time, just a flesh wound.

sounds like something out of monty python and the holy grail.

back to the topic of the actual movie real quick

ย 

THERE IS NO FUCKING STORY

THERE IS NO FUCKING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING HAPPENS UNTIL ABOUT AN HOUR INTO THE MOVIE

ย 

the movie is the directed with the purpose of giving the audience members a seizure

ย 

about a combined 30 minutes of the movie is tits and ass

james franco fucking blows a gun like a dick

vanessa hudgens or whoever and that other chick kill like 200 gangbangers while walking through a rain storm of bullets undeterred, this is after franco is shot in the head in one try

ย 

one of the chicks is all like, "i have to leave, i don't know these people" as soon as black people come in to the movie, but she had no problem snorting coke and having orgies with white guys at the beach

ย 

gucci mane is the worst fucking actor i have ever ever seen, and the ironic thing is he's not even acting, just portraying his real life self

ย 

shit what else

ย 

spring break, spring break forevaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ย 

i can fucking go on and on about this movie, this is DEFINITELY HDTGM material

Sorry for the spelling errors in advance. Also thank god someone chose this movie. There are spoilers.

ย 

Ok, this movie is terrible. The Emperors New Clothes movie. Critics are saying it's great because, I don't know why. For starters, when the girls decide to go and rob the chicken shack. I think it was a chicken shack. Please correct me if I am wrong they are in Florida. Florida. I know it's not like Texas. Not everyone is carrying around guns, but no one is going to pull a real gun on these 5'4 girls who are trying to rob them? I honestly thought someone was going to pull a real gun on them in that scene. Just to make the scene more intense. Nothing happens, they get away scott free.

ย 

They get to Spring Break and honestly it was kind of boring. The slo-mo of tits was used over and over again to the point where I just didn't care anymore. The dialogue, I felt was ad-libbed. As if Korrine told the girls "You know like say fuck and shit a lot, and make an imaginary gun to your head, and pull the trigger. To show the audience you are bored of life."

ย 

James Franco. I will give him props for his fellatio skills (kidding, it was gross). Oh and the creepy song he played using one note. They repeat lines. IE: you're a scaredy cat. ha ha ha. You're a scaredy cat. We got it. He's scared.

ย 

During the girls crime spree Alien (James F.) and his girls end up in a drive by. The cars were right next to each other. So James had enough time to hit the gas and get out of there, and possibly survive. The only one who was harmed was one girl with a bullet in the arm. Now first off a bullet in the arm is going to hurt. It's going to hurt bad. Like screaming, get me to the fucking hospital bad. She is taking it like a champ, crying a lot but can walk around, hang with her friends underneath an apt complex, and contemplate life. Mind you this is the first bullet wound this girl has ever had. How do they fix the wound? Take a hit off a blunt, suture the wound (apparently alien has medical skills), and cry in the bathroom.

ย 

Gucci Main (sp?) I am not familiar with his work in the music industry. I will say this: he is NOT an actor. He didn't even really try. Actually there were no black people in this move that really tried. I will get to that in a minute. They either just looked really scary or they would just try to make scenes feel uncomfortable. Selena Gomez had no problem almost getting roofied at a party. Playing pool and hanging out with a couple of black folks local to the area in a pool hall- waaaaaaay too intense.

ย 

The reason I say no black people tried, leads me to the climax in the film. They are going to go after the rival drug lord / former best friend of Alien. When arriving at the house, which has SHITTY security btw, Alien is tagged in the head in 2 seconds. NO problem. The two girls that are left in the group have only gone on a couple of robberies. I haven't seen any of the girls practice shooting someone, except firing into the air. These girls are SHARP SHOOTERS. They don't even use scopes to make sure they can get a hit. They are a-mai-zing marksmens. Even Gucci's crew, whom I would think had some years in the crime business, could not get a shot. These girls are made of bullet teflon. Nothing is going to touch them. They can even wear flip-flops to a shoot out. I know when I wear flip-flop it's not the best attire to run, skip, or shoot in.

ย 

The girls also have infinity bullets in their guns, no need to reload. The guns are magic and they have amazing firing skills. While the crazy shooting spree was happening, no one from Gucci's crew decided to contact Gucci to tell him, " Hey two little girls are fucking mad shit up. You might want to do something. Maybe call the cartel we work with so we can get some help." Nope. Nothing. Gucci didn't even have a gun near his jacuzzi. Not saying that he would have it. I just think that he would have heard something going on outside. Even a derringer would have sufficed. The girls leave unscathed, take Gucci's car, and head back to college or maybe not. Who knows. I would probably not take the car since you know there is a huge body count, and people might be looking for you. The only saving grace with this film is the DP. Benoรฎt Debie who worked on Enter the Void. I really liked that film, but ETV is love it or hate it film. Sorry for the long post, but my god this film was bad.

• Like 1

I watched this movie last week and I thought it was flawed but enjoyed it. The story is flimsy, but I thought Franco was very entertaining.

I watched this movie last week and I thought it was flawed but enjoyed it. The story is flimsy, but I thought Franco was very entertaining.

I agree with you. I enjoyed it but this thread shows that we're in the minority.

ย 

Different boats for different goats.

ย 

I don't think this would be a good episode at all because 1) it's not an objectively "bad" or bad/good movie, and 2) there's very little to actually discuss.

two good points and I agree with you also cat & beard. this film is just not coco for coco puffs bad.

I have to say that I expected to hate this movie because I have really disliked Korine's past work (aside from Kids), but I thought it was fantastic. I agree with the poster who said this is Franco's best performance.

ย 

Visually it's stunning, and I think it is a particularly effective critique of a particular generation of young people.

ย 

This is a far cry from Julien Donkey Boy - and thank god for that!

• Like 1

Visually it's stunning, and I think it is a particularly effective critique of a particular generation of young people.

Good on you for giving it a shot. I have mixed feelings about it, but my opinion is basically the same as yours (although I honestly think Gummo is a legit great movie).

ย 

Spring Breakers is the a very beautiful movie that could also double as a screen saver.

By the way, did any Best Show of WFMU fans hear Tom's show this past week? He mixed in Franco saying "Spraaaaaaang Break" into his Grateful Dead/Frankie Teardrop/Chuck Woolery megamix in hilarious fashion.

By the way, did any Best Show of WFMU fans hear Tom's show this past week? He mixed in Franco saying "Spraaaaaaang Break" into his Grateful Dead/Frankie Teardrop/Chuck Woolery megamix in hilarious fashion.

ย 

Yeah. Pigpen as well. Did you notice the earwolf facebook page used a best show quote to promote fogelnest this week?

ย 

Yeah. Pigpen as well. Did you notice the earwolf facebook page used a best show quote to promote fogelnest this week?

ย 

Perhaps The Colonel Tom Scharp's war on the LA Podcast scene does not include Earwolf? Hopefully?

ย 

Perhaps The Colonel Tom Scharp's war on the LA Podcast scene does not include Earwolf? Hopefully?

ย 

fogelnest is in new york the rest of the summer. did the gary the squirrel ep mean scharpling wanted no part of earwolf?

ย 

fogelnest is in new york the rest of the summer. did the gary the squirrel ep mean scharpling wanted no part of earwolf?

ย 

The Colonel has been on Comedy Bang Bang and Sklarboro before - so perhaps Earwolf has been spared his wrath! He has been known to form strategic alliances with the likes of Jake Fogelnest, Jon "Toilet Mouth" Daly and Paul Scheer in the past well. So I'd guess he was just too busy for The Fogelnest Files and send his Lt. Gary instead.

ย 

The Colonel has been on Comedy Bang Bang and Sklarboro before - so perhaps Earwolf has been spared his wrath! He has been known to form strategic alliances with the likes of Jake Fogelnest, Jon "Toilet Mouth" Daly and Paul Scheer in the past well. So I'd guess he was just too busy for The Fogelnest Files and send his Lt. Gary instead.

ย 

we honestly dont know his relationship, but he isn't friends with paul anymore and he's on the east coast.

He's not friends with Scheer anymore? You sure you don't mean PFT?

ย 

ย 

guess you have to differentiate around here. also, the jon daly episode of best show was a trainwreck right?

ย 

ย 

guess you have to differentiate around here. also, the jon daly episode of best show was a trainwreck right?

ย 

I don't think it was. Jon cursed twice, but other than that he was pretty funny.

I'll try to keep this short...

ย 

I liked this movie very much and I found that the redemption theme is the key of the whole thing ( If you repent and change your ways before you die you can find what you are looking for )

ย 

I have shown this movie to friends and family and nobody has liked it... THAT IS ALL...

• Like 1

I'm bumping this thread cause I think this movie still needs to be done.

ย 

It's pretty clear that not everyone feels the way I do, some people like this movie, so its not universally bad or anything I guess but there's still so much to talk about it, and there is no denying this movie is very flawed logically. I also think it was probably Franco's best acting he's ever done, that's another topic right there, why the fuck he would choose this piece of shit to show off his acting skills, but then it would be like the roast of franco all over again. I dunno, I'm still bumping this thread haha

ย 

it would ESPECIALLY be great if they can get franco or rogen or anyone in that camp to be the guest for it, i know that's probably impossible, but it would still be great.

This is possibly the most pointless movie I have ever seen. Whats the story? not sure. Who are the characters? 4 pretty girls? Can you describe this movie without sounding drunk? Nope because I can't even describe the movie in the first place. Selena Gomez does nothing but complain and go home, another girl gets shot and just goes home and the other two fuck a Riff Raff look alike and then somehow without any actual gun training, attack a gang hideout in bikinis, kill everyone and drive into the sunset. And no i'm not drunk or on drugs this is simply the movie. YOU MUST DO THIS MOVIE TO PROVE TO ME SANE!! THIS IS INSANITY!

Spring Breakers could easily be boiled down to an extended music video bookended by James Franco's Alien talking about all his "shiiiit." Instead we get filtered slow-mo gyrations for days with dialogue that didn't make the cut in the final draft of Kids. A documentary about Dangeruss and the ATL Twins would have been much more satisfying.

However, even more satisfying than that would be hearing Jason discuss at length how he jerked off to Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez until he came on Rachel Korine's face on his laptop. Or June asking, "So, how does James Franco's character make money? Is he a drug dealer? A rapper? And how long is his hair out of braids? It looks like a weave, but is it supposed to be a weave?"

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this