🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 210 — A Spiritual Journey

Oh man this was so good! I haven't laughed this hard in a while!

Lapkus and Wengert are quickly becoming CBB all stars, they've just been killing each episode they do. Shelby Orangina needs to come back, I was in hysterics throughout the whole spiritual journey section. A Wompler/Tracy combo episode would be great as well!

Also, Adam Brody was a freaking great 1st timer. He was so game for everything and gelled really well with Scott. Unlike Steven Yuen who, while good, kind of got overwhelmed and sat on the sidelines by having to deal with a ridiculous character, Brody totally just went a long with it and added some great stuff.

Awesome ep! One of my faves of the year so far

• Like 1

A Wompler/Tracy combo episode would be great as well!

I won't try to C&P the whole thing, but there's a Twitter conversation between them about a potential show-down.

This is actually not Adam Brody's first podcast. He did the Kevin Pollak Chat Show last summer, albeit umemorably.

I won't try to C&P the whole thing, but there's a Twitter conversation between them about a potential show-down.

• Like 5

I listened to this three times and still laughed so hard that Sierra Mist came out of my nose (it was actually water). But this makes the 5th episode already this year that was better than last year, AND we have a Farts & Pro 3 coming out. How am I going vote for the year's top ten?

• Like 2

Just a belter of an episode. I feel like Lapkus and Wengert are really proving themselves as CBB all-stars.

Also, Adam Brody was a freaking great 1st timer. He was so game for everything and gelled really well with Scott. Unlike Steven Yuen who, while good, kind of got overwhelmed and sat on the sidelines by having to deal with a ridiculous character, Brody totally just went a long with it and added some great stuff.

Agreed on all counts. I think a big difference is that Yeun's been away from the comedy scene a bit (obviously he's been busy with TWD), and Brody is really getting into the thick of it (his character on Burning Love was one of my favorite parts of the season).

I actually think Wompler and Traci would get along. Wompler is definitely the alpha of the two, and I think Traci would be ok with being a more subdued sidekick/henchwoman.

Shelby was the best. When she started describing Mrs. Doubtfire, I nearly drove off the road.

Lapkus's characters are unvaried and unfunny.

I cannot disagree more. She was fantastic in this episode.

And yeah, Adam Brody was great. I get the sense that he's not into the comedy world at all, but somehow he knew exactly how gel with everyone in the room. Hope he comes back for more.

And finally, I ALSO agree with everyone on Shelby! The fucking pop culture references were so funny to me delivered in that voice with that air of seriousness. So great. One of my favorites of the year so far.

We're so close to that all teen episode I suggested. Lapkus/St. Clair/Neil Campbell, make it happen Choctaw.

Also, anyone watch HIMYM tonight? They completely stole Carl Sjunior.

Can you explain the joke? I just can't watch How I Met Your Mother anymore, it's become so terrible.

I cannot disagree more. She was fantastic in this episode.

And yeah, Adam Brody was great. I get the sense that he's not into the comedy world at all, but somehow he knew exactly how gel with everyone in the room. Hope he comes back for more.

And finally, I ALSO agree with everyone on Shelby! The fucking pop culture references were so funny to me delivered in that voice with that air of seriousness. So great. One of my favorites of the year so far.

I think Brody's dipped his feet into the comedy world. He was in The Ten, and that's basically The State + extended family. And then Burning Love seems to be his re-entry.

We're so close to that all teen episode I suggested. Lapkus/St. Clair/Neil Campbell, make it happen Choctaw.

Can you explain the joke? I just can't watch How I Met Your Mother anymore, it's become so terrible.

The bartender at MacClaren's name is Carl -- not sure if you knew that. But he and Marshall get into an argument, and Carl says he'll give Marshall what he wants if Marshall can tell him his last name. Marshall stammers for a little bit and then says "Carl...Sjunior?"

• Like 1

I think Brody's dipped his feet into the comedy world. He was in The Ten, and that's basically The State + extended family. And then Burning Love seems to be his re-entry.

The bartender at MacClaren's name is Carl -- not sure if you knew that. But he and Marshall get into an argument, and Carl says he'll give Marshall what he wants if Marshall can tell him his last name. Marshall stammers for a little bit and then says "Carl...Sjunior?"

Yeah, he's definitely naturally funny too - I just get the sense that he doesn't know too much about what's going on these days. Which is cool as he fit into the show perfectly.

I also got the sense that he doesn't have so much going on these days, just based on what he said about his career, so I hope he keeps turning up in small comedy things. They're very different actors, but Ray Wise comes to mind - he's been everywhere lately and is so hilarious it's like he came out of nowhere.

Lapkus's characters are unvaried and unfunny.

I'd disagree. I would say that not only did she nail teenage girls (saying "like totally, that's my life" to literally everything that anyone mentions), she also made a pretty entertaining parody of it. You're a bum.

Mayvbe you could say that about Pam Murphy's characters, though.

EDIT: I wonder if all of Wengert's references were written down or if that was 100% improvised. Such a hilarious performance. It's crazy remarkable he was able to get all of his references within such a tight timeframe off the top of his head. Always a good day when I see him pop up on my iTunes feed.

Can't believe it hasn't been brought up that Adam Brody was on House of Pies this season.

Oh yeah, as the Dildo King

Sign in to follow this