🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
treggles

Cant' Stream Podcasts

Recently, I guess about a week ago it seems earwolf changed the layout of the streaming button on all the episodes and now I am not able to stream anything. Is there a way this can be fixed?? New episodes are piling up and I would like to listen to them.

Thank you

Can you explain what you mean when you say you're "not able to stream anything"?

Is the player missing altogether from the episode pages?

Does the player appear, but clicking the play button has no effect?

If you click the "Download MP3" button, can you download the file itself?

Same thing here I think. In my case the player appears, I can click the play button and it turns into the pause button, but it never actually begins streaming. The total time of the episode still shows on the right side of the bar as well. I'm using the most recent Mozilla browser.

If the player shows up at all, your browser isn't blocking the necessary scripts, so we needn't worry about mucking with Javascript settings.

The next step is to make sure Flash is enabled. If you're using a browser add-on like FlashBlock, try adding an exception for the domain soundcloud.com. If that doesn't do the trick, add exceptions for both p1.soundcloud.com and player.soundcloud.com.

If the audio still refuses to play, it's most likely because Local Storage (aka "Flash cookies") are disabled on your computer. You'll need to add an exception to your Flash settings:

1. Go to System Preferences (OS X) or Control Panel (Windows) and open the Flash Player panel

2. On the Storage tab, click the Local Storage Settings by Site button

3. Click the + (OS X) or Add (Windows) button

4. Type soundcloud.com into the Website Domain field and select "Allow" from the dropdown list

5. Click the Add button to add the domain and click the Close button to close the dialog

6. Go back to your browser and refresh the episode page on Earwolf

7. Try playing the audio again

This solved my problem in Firefox.

I just get the play button and a gray bar. When i click on the play button nothing happens. Ill play around with my settings and see if that does the trick. I am using Google Chrome as my browser. I tried Internet Explorer also and it isn't working.

I just add the domains to flash in the control panel but the player is still not working

Are you attempting to stream while at work or on a shared network? We're finding that some employers block the SoundCloud domains entirely, are you able to navigate to SoundCloud's website at all?

I am streaming from work. I just tried getting onto soundcloud.com and it is blocked.

There's a possibility that streaming through a site like Stitcher will work, but this has not been tested. Also, there's a possibility that employers block that as well.

Until we come up with a solution, you may have to download the eps prior to going into work. Sorry for any inconvenience.

it has been a month since last i listened to an earwolf podcast at work. Can you please tell my why you use soundcloud? I would say MOST employers block that site. and many block redirecting.

It used to be that when i clicked the play button nothing happened. Now, there is no play button. just this.

This webpage is not available

The webpage at https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F91057467&color=ffcc00&auto_play=false&show_artwork=false might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

it has been a month since last i listened to an earwolf podcast at work. Can you please tell my why you use soundcloud? I would say MOST employers block that site. and many block redirecting.

It's now Earwolf's responsibility to figure out a way to circumvent your employer's explicit desire that you not listen to podcasts during the hours they pay you to perform work? Really?

not at all. it is your job to produce a product that people who like to eat food, live in houses, and drive cars can enjoy. Actually, ya. it kinda is your job. it is sort of akin to, location location location. You have put your store behind a hugh high rise and nobody can find it.

dude. I can find other podcasts. that is not a problem.

also, when the hell do you think most people listen to your shows? at home? no. in the car? maybe but that is an hour a day. at work is where EVERYBODY consumes podcasts.

PS. I edit video all day. podcasts are a huge part of me being productive.

First and foremost, I don't work for Earwolf, so none of my statements should be construed as such, and none of the things you attribute to "me" apply.

Second, given the monumental effort involved in migrating their entire audio catalog from LibSyn to SoundCloud, Earwolf no doubt had compelling reasons for doing so (be it cost savings, technological capability, integration with their home-grown ad network, etc.) and did not proceed lightly.

Third, given your sample size of (what, three?) people in this thread, compared to the hundreds of thousands of subscribers Earwolf shows boast, I'd wager you are grossly overestimating the percentage of listeners affected by the switchover to SoundCloud.

Fourth, even for the tiny fraction of affected users, there are a variety of means available to those who are (again) actively seeking to violate their companies' IT policies. Download a podcast app to your phone. Subscribe via iTunes and sync before heading to work. Stream over your 3G/4G connection. Set up a VPN and tunnel your browser connection through it. Whatever.

None of the above warrant showing up in the forums to puke a snide, self-entitled demand for ANSWERS at the people kind enough to provide you with hundreds of hours of free entertainment every year.

Sign in to follow this