🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 74 — We R Michelle Shocked

What’s that? More improv4humans? Well, you got it! Today Matt Besser is joined by humans Jeff Hiller, Jill Donnelly, and Gil Ozeri and they’ll get shocked by Michelle Shocked, explore who would want the newly unearthed Titanic violin, and say thank you to Mississippi. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “The Six Most Important Sets in the History of Standup” at mattbesser.com!

I'm confused -- was that Yoshi's, or was it in San Francisco? (edit: Oh, NM -- didn't realize there was one in SF too).

I had never actually heard the rant for myself -- it was way more entertaining than the articles I read led me to believe...

I gotta agree with Jill on the religious thing, all religions have people trying to force it down your throat, including atheists. Its just there are more Christians in this country than anyone else.

• Like 2

I gotta agree with Jill on the religious thing, all religions have people trying to force it down your throat, including atheists. Its just there are more Christians in this country than anyone else.

It's a bit of both I think, other countries have worst examples of religious oppression than America and most western European countries, but Christianity and Islam encourage evangelizing in their texts more than the any of the other major religions.

Matt, you couldn't be more off by supporting Bloomberg's 32 oz. or bigger soda ban. I too understand the spirit behind the law, but nobody should be allowed to tell any citizen in this country what to consume or not consume. As stupid as this sounds, killing yourself with surgary garbage is one's right as an American. You should turn your anger at the great fat people of Mississipi towards the Pepsi and Coca-Cola corporations that produce this shit and sell it

• Like 4

Loved it. This episode mimiced the manic randomness of Michelle Shockds performance.

• Like 1

Man, Jeff Hiller is freaking funny.

• Like 1

Matt, you couldn't be more off by supporting Bloomberg's 32 oz. or bigger soda ban. I too understand the spirit behind the law, but nobody should be allowed to tell any citizen in this country what to consume or not consume. As stupid as this sounds, killing yourself with surgary garbage is one's right as an American. You should turn your anger at the great fat people of Mississipi towards the Pepsi and Coca-Cola corporations that produce this shit and sell it

Yeah, ultimately I am against the Bloomberg laws. But I do think there are a lot of dumbies out there who are fooled into buying something unhealthy because they convince themselves they are getting a deal. I guess you gotta let dumbies be dumbies, especially if they live in Mississippi.

• Like 8

Awesome episode, lots of great moments from everyone. I don't ever remember a scene being abandoned like at the end of the show, so that was pretty hilarious.

• Like 3

Awesome episode, lots of great moments from everyone. I don't ever remember a scene being abandoned like at the end of the show, so that was pretty hilarious.

Yeah, that was pretty great. I was reminded of the time when Lauren Lapkus kept shoe-horning the notion of "ass play" into scenes throughout the episode and then Matt suddenly went "meta" with the last scene and made it about Lauren returning home that day and dealing with the implications of what she had done.

• Like 1

I love how they tell Jeff Hiller that he's Carl Lewis and he acts as if he has NO IDEA who Carl Lewis.

"Ah, yes, I AM Carl Lewis... and um..." (hilarity ensues)

EDIT: Oh, shit. And they bring it right back at the very end. That was amazing.

The first sketch took some time to get up there, but once Jill got in there it became so awesome. I loved the english class where Gil said: "What the FUCK,,,?" and you could just hear Besser chuckling in the background.

Another great episode. High point: EVERYONE busting up at the introduction of Besser's Japanese speech writer.

• Like 2

None of us could have predicted that level of crazy from a former Mormon born-again sexually confused punk rock/folk artist who spent time in a mental institution as a teenager before living as a squatter in abandoned San Francisco factories.

None of us.

• Like 3

Hasn't she denied she was expressing her views and claimed she was trying to highlight the prejudice of others? Seems like obvious bullshit, but I love the idea that she's completely unable to express what she means coherently.

None of us could have predicted that level of crazy from a former Mormon born-again sexually confused punk rock/folk artist who spent time in a mental institution as a teenager before living as a squatter in abandoned San Francisco factories.

None of us.

I totally wasn't ever going to watch this video because on the first place I saw it linked, they were suspecting that she was off of her meds and having a schizophrenic episode and then it just sounded sad. But the audience reactions are totally gold, and they made for such awesome scenes.

Uh, FINDING something on the internet is much different that walking down the street and being accosted by it or even have it knock on your door.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this