🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
maggotlimbo

Blade Trinity (2004)

Oh this has to be done. I read that Wesley Snipes was angry at the director David S. Goyer for reducing his screentime in more favor of his co-stars Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel despite being the main character and that he sued Goyer and New Line Cinema for cutting him out of decisions regarding this movie, which could be one of the many reasons why "Trinity" got so much crap from both fans and critics alike. Plus it has some bad dialogue and even worse acting from the likes of Dominic Purcell and Triple H.

• Like 1

Yeah, this was a real disappointing ending to that series. Too bad they couldn't keep Del Toro, his movie was the best of the bunch. And Ryan Reynolds was, as always, totally miscast.

• Like 1

It's pretty much just an ad for Ryan Reynold's abs. I really like him when he's in the right role, but this wasn't one of them. Hoping they go over this one it was so disappointing (although the 2nd one sucked too in my opinion).

Yeah, this was a real disappointing ending to that series. Too bad they couldn't keep Del Toro, his movie was the best of the bunch. And Ryan Reynolds was, as always, totally miscast.

The second one is a great film. It's got Ron Perlman in it, so if you squint your eyes, you can just pretend it's a Hellboy movie.

It's pretty much just an ad for Ryan Reynold's abs. I really like him when he's in the right role, but this wasn't one of them. Hoping they go over this one it was so disappointing (although the 2nd one sucked too in my opinion).

I don't get all the love for the second one either. I thought it was perfectly mediocre, and it felt really long with double-crosses on top of double-crosses, but the Internet seems to have such a del Toro boner, so it gets a pass and gets talked up way more than it deserves.

We're all in agreement that Ryan Reynolds plays the exact same character in every movie right? Every scene he's in is an excuse for the writers to throw around terrible quips and word play. I may just be bitter but if I see a movie coming out and find out he's in it I just avoid it.

• Like 1

We're all in agreement that Ryan Reynolds plays the exact same character in every movie right? Every scene he's in is an excuse for the writers to throw around terrible quips and word play. I may just be bitter but if I see a movie coming out and find out he's in it I just avoid it.

"Just Friends" is pretty fantastic though. I mean it!

I don't get all the love for the second one either. I thought it was perfectly mediocre, and it felt really long with double-crosses on top of double-crosses, but the Internet seems to have such a del Toro boner, so it gets a pass and gets talked up way more than it deserves.

Maybe I just have a soft spot for Wesley Snipes kicking ass, but I really enjoyed it. And I think GDT has a gift for this kind of thing.

the second one is well liked because Del Toro managed to make a really fun movie.

The action scenes were great (god bless Donnie Yen's fight choreography) and the story gave the villain thta shade of gray, where you partially root for him. Much like Del Toro did with Hellboy 2.

leaving all that aside, Blade Trinity was total ass...

but i must say this moment was just gold and worth the whole terrible thing:

also,,, it was totally insane, that they managed to digitally recreate Dracula's entire armour from one TINY TINY TINY piece:

I believe Blade 3 would be an amazing movie for this podcast. First, there were two actually good movies in this franchise and then the third one comes out of no where and is terrible much like Spiderman 3. Second, did you see the scene where Triple H is a vampire and in order to simulate him going super fast they simply fast forwarded the footage? Third, it would be an amazing opportunity to invite Patton Oswalt back onto the podcast!

blade02-1322432733.jpg

how has Blade Trinity not gotten on the show yet?

Patton described his experience on this movie:

Superhero franchises that DON'T turn to ass by the 3rd movies:

Superman: nope

Xmen: uh uh

Spiderman: nah uh

Batman: nope

Why in all that is holy does Hollywood keep trying to force Ryan Reynolds on us? The guy is the Shia Lebeowulf of action movies.

Remember when vampires in the first Blade snapped the necks of ordinary humans with ease? Now huge jacked vampires like Triple H struggle with them! Must be thanks to CUSTOMIZING YOUR IPOD PLAYLIST BEFORE BATTLE.

I remember there was one of the Blade movies, it was either this one or #2 they made a big big big deal about how hard the villain would be to defeat and then Blade comes in and with one slash of the sword cuts him in half, it was such an anti-climactic resolultion.

I remember there was one of the Blade movies, it was either this one or #2 they made a big big big deal about how hard the villain would be to defeat and then Blade comes in and with one slash of the sword cuts him in half, it was such an anti-climactic resolultion.

That's definitely not 2 as *SPOILERS* the 'bad guy' in that one ultimately kills himself.

This movie is fucking dumb, but I love Parker Posey in it. I think everyone but Wesley Snipes had a fucking blast filming this dud.

I really hope Patton comes back for another episode, I really would love to hear him get in depth on the insanity that was this movie.

Sign in to follow this