🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BagguhMcGuirk

Correction: Spice Girls

The Spice Girls were not feminists. The Spice Girls did and said what their record comapny told them to. The record company came up with the whole girl power thing to sell records and tickets to to 8-18 year old girls, period. Did they help inspire and empower many young women? Definitely. Whatever their motives were they helped inspire countless young women to feel they could do anything a man could do, but everything they did and said they were told to do by executives who only cared about making money.

After reading some posts it's clear a lot of people have very strong feelings on the matter and I am certainly not trying say you're wrong, if they inspired you than they inspired you. Nothing I or anybody else says can take that away, I just feel like they are receiving way more credit than they deserve. They were no different than the Backstreet Boys other than their record company had more of a message than BSB.

The Spice Girls were like a celebrity who donates a million dollars to charity just to go on every talk show to let everyone know how great he/she is. They may have done it for all the wrong reasons but it nonetheless helped many people.

I hope I didn't offend anybody I just feel we're treating The Spice Girls like they're more than what they were, which was a manufactured pop group who did and said what their record company told them to do.

By the way, I'm posting this here instead of the episode thread because, given the strong emotions of a number of posts, it would seem like kind of a dickish thing to post it there.

Paul mention four trimesters which is false because there are three which is why it's called a TRImester

Paul was making a joke on how hugely pregnant the asian lady looked. It's a very old school joke.

Also trimester means a period of three.

Also if you do some research you would see there is considered by baby experts and parents that there is an actual fourth trimester which is the first three months of the baby's life.

Sign in to follow this