🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
stusaucier

The Return of the Living Dead (1985)

One of my all time favorite bad movies. They make no excuses of what this is but holy shit is it amazing. This is the kind of movie that is tailor made for HDTGM.

"You think is a fuckin' costume? This is a way of life!" - Suicide

• Like 1

Yeah, this would work as a 'OMG THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING' episode. Because, ya know, OMG THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING.

• Like 3

i hope your not taking about the 1985 version. that had some kick ass punk music in it. I remember buying the sound track to that movie. I had to go out of my way to get that sound track at a downtown record store, it kicked ass btw. I liked the movie too and it's crazy ending. at the time I was young and into punk music and was thinking yep that's how the militarily would handle this type of event.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089907

Wow after watching the trailer i really do need to re-watch this as I remember it being better movie then it looks in the trailer LOL it's terrible. God i am getting old.

• Like 1

Wow after watching the trailer i really do need to re-watch this as I remember it being better movie then it looks in the trailer LOL it's terrible. God i am getting old.

It's a comedy that knows it's a comedy. The terribleness is on purpose.

• Like 1

I do remember it being a comedy, not really a true horror film, but i remember it being more like the evil dead. it's sorta a comedy horror flicks. I mean any movie with the lines "I'll swallow your soul!" in it has to be a sick comedy horror movie. I have not seen it so long my mind had made it into something it's not. I got to re see this movie now.

This movie sorta reminds me of repoman, with the 80's punks running around,

"lets go do some crimes!, Ya lets go get sushi and not pay!" - Love that movie.

And now you see WHY this would be a perfect film for the show. Trust me, I love this movie like you wouldn't believe but I think it would be a perfect candidate for the show.

• Like 1

Wasn't there going to be a polling system of some kind? Whatever happened with that?

I think it would be great too, Saw it for the first time recently and it was a lot of fun. But at the same time, it has a lot of weaknesses that make it great for the show. I think it would be a great palette cleanser episode after watching another Nothing But Trouble or In the Name of The King.

I think this movie has a lot of things going for it that make a good HDTGM episode:

-It's fucking crazy, so there are a lot of possible talking points. Also, hilarious in both unironic and ludicrous ways.

-The movie is at least competently made, so it won't be a chore to watch like an Uwe Boll movie.

-George Romero fucking hates it, so you have something outside the film itself to talk about, especially since the versions of zombies on screen are very different from the zombies Romero put on screen for his movies.

-One-liners everywhere.

-I love the shit out of this movie, so you'd be pleasing me :rolleyes:

• Like 1

This movie can also be credited with several bits of zombie lore that would influence later movies, like eating brains and running zombies.

Here's the trailer (mostly I want to remind people it exists)

BTW, the sequel I hear is pretty awful. Maybe a Halloween time double feature

Glad this movie got a mention. I think they should do the entire series. Not only because each of them is terrible, bat-shit insane, and awesome, but also because as a series the insanity is kicked up even further. Mostly because there is basically NO continuity throughout them but the two sequels constantly flash back to the other movies for no. goddamn. reason. Amazing.

Bonus reason for doing the sequel: Doug Benson is frequently killed (as various zombies) in it. For more, listen to him on Matt Gourley's I Was There Too (along with Michael Jackson stories):

http://iwastheretoo....ith-doug-benson

Oh man, perfect chance for a guest on the show. I didn't realize Benson was in the sequel. I'll have to go back and rewatch it

• Like 1

Remember when acid rain was going to destroy the world.

it's party time!! I found the sound track on

for this movie. Brings back a lot of memories.

Doesn't this music just make you want to get an El Camino and grow your hair out and drive around with the windows down blasting it like an asshole. Ohh man good times...

• Like 1

I just watched all 5 of these over the last few weeks.. while they would all make pretty good HDTGM episodes.. (3 and 4 less so) the final one Rave to the Grave had some awesome content and just crazy scenes/dialogue. They were going for campy I assume...

Also what was up with ROTLD 2 having those same 2 actors playing infected humans again and then being all "it feels like this is all familiar" lol... that was so weird.

I looked and couldn't find this on the forum. I am sorry if I missed it and is already on it. This movie has everything. It has zombies. It has punk rock. Running zombies. Graveyard stripping. 80's tone of greatness. This movie is so awesome! And it just got a new Blu-Ray. Please do this for Halloween!!

return_of_the_living_dead.jpg

• Like 1

still one of the best remakes of the night of the leaving dead movies. I had the soundtrack to this movie, think I still do on record album format. if only I had a turn table I could enjoy the sweet sounds of this movie's kick ass sound track.. I remember it being a good movie for it's time..

Could be wrong but I could be

!

still one of the best remakes of the night of the leaving dead movies. I had the soundtrack to this movie, think I still do on record album format. if only I had a turn table I could enjoy the sweet sounds of this movie's kick ass sound track.. I remember it being a good movie for it's time..

Could be wrong but I could be

!

This is actually an unofficial sequel. Romero tried to get this movie pulled, but only delayed it.

• Like 1