🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 122.5 — 4/5/13 TWO CHARTED 61

Ears and a heart are all you need to enjoy today's edition of TWO CHARTED! Ku-ku and Wie- wie talk about ram hand's dangerous new butter based diet, the stupidity of every mystery thriller, and then they do a scene between a Japanese girl and Lee Kremer. Then it turns to family as Howard counts down the best days from his trip to Nashville which included; bad weather, too much love from his effervescent mother, his cool uncle, a disappointingly different atmosphere from the tv show Nashville, and a surprise bag of weed in his travel bag. Ku-ku follows that by counting down her big moments from her trip home to Minnesota. It's a slice of Kulap's life including her charming spider-man loving nephew, good eats, and a serious and positive event with her fam. Listen while you eat a bar of butter Chartists!

When Howard said his sister may have been bow-legged because of him, I totally lost it.

"yeah...so take THAT! Like when you get into a fight, you should see the other guy."

5 and 9 = my new band's name

Howie, don't suck on your contact! The enzymes in your saliva break down the lens.

• Like 1

The guy behind that "bulletproof coffee" has thrown his name behind some things that, at best, are spurious in their scientific basis and, at worst, are out and out quackery.

Ramhand, don't listen to the underinformed. You're doing the right thing. Coconut oil and grass-fed butter are spectacular. Coffee, not so much. But you have the two best fats in the world at your disposal. Don't overdo it. If anything go with more coconut oil than butter. Or more importantly, and much easier, go for X-Factor. It's high vitamin butter extract/oil from grass-fed cows.

It seems like a fad but you're on a much better track than Wie-Wie with his aaspartame-laced gum ;) lol

Ramhand, don't listen to the underinformed. You're doing the right thing. Coconut oil and grass-fed butter are spectacular. Coffee, not so much. But you have the two best fats in the world at your disposal. Don't overdo it. If anything go with more coconut oil than butter. Or more importantly, and much easier, go for X-Factor. It's high vitamin butter extract/oil from grass-fed cows.

It seems like a fad but you're on a much better track than Wie-Wie with his aaspartame-laced gum ;) lol

Sir, do you peddle snake oil as a historical recreation, or, are you really from 1876?

• Like 1

What a coincidence, the guy who invented and sells "Bulletproof Coffee" is the one who's done all the research showing that it's the healthiest coffee around. My favorite claims are that "52-92.7% of all coffee beans have Mycotoxins" so broad and specific at the same time. Of course, he doesn't have to prove that the amount of fungus is dangerous, he just has to use the word "toxins" and the sheep will flock.

Ramhand and Nick Thune should all get together for an unintentionally hilarious podcast extolling all this woo B.S... With David Huntsberger asking if coffee beans have souls.

I have a recommendation for a gum shoe mystery flick that I think Howard will enjoy (should he ever actually sit down and watch a full movie)

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

with Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. It's brilliant, and not enough people have seen it.

Also lost it at Ram's Nest!

• Like 2

That shirt design is literally the greatest thing I've ever seen. Talk about a super campy, obscure reference that would make absolutely no sense to the outside world, except for a few select, superior individuals

And for the record, some of Asprey's ideas do seem a bit snake-oily, so I'm cautiously approaching everything (especially bulletproof products), but I will say that the overall idea behind it makes a lot of sense to me, high fat (and only fat if possible) in the morning; protein, vegetables, and fat at lunch; and vegtables, starchy, carbo for dinner. So I'm just sticking to that generally, eating quality meat, and the low mycotoxin fruits and veggies that he recommends for the hell of it. So far it's been OKAY, but I'm less than a month in, and my body still needs to adjust. I'll let the people know if it goes well or I die

That shirt design is literally the greatest thing I've ever seen. Talk about a super campy, obscure reference that would make absolutely no sense to the outside world, except for a few select, superior individuals

And for the record, some of Asprey's ideas do seem a bit snake-oily, so I'm cautiously approaching everything (especially bulletproof products), but I will say that the overall idea behind it makes a lot of sense to me, high fat (and only fat if possible) in the morning; protein, vegetables, and fat at lunch; and vegtables, starchy, carbo for dinner. So I'm just sticking to that generally, eating quality meat, and the low mycotoxin fruits and veggies that he recommends for the hell of it. So far it's been OKAY, but I'm less than a month in, and my body still needs to adjust. I'll let the people know if it goes well or I die

I think you got the right idea Ramhand, but, might I suggest leaving the bulletproof coffee product, or any of this gentleman's branded nonsense, by the wayside? That way you can have the fun of an experiemental diet without the moral queasiness of supporting a huckster! Go to a local coffee roaster and find a blend that works for you. I guarantee it'll be just as "healthy" and alot more tasty and you get the benefit of supporting a real member of a real community!