🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Pro Wrestlers vs. Zombies (2014)

Featuring Roddy Piper, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Shane Douglas, Matt Hardy, Kurt Angle, and apparently more is the horrible looking movie. It looks as if they aren't even trying. What's worse is that the leads are all guys who have trained in selling fights and making them look realistic, but the fights in this movie look like they are done by a bunch of backyard wrestlers. Also, the trailer shows Matt Hardy getting murdered which may be the only interesting thing in the movie.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Pro-Wrestlers-Zombies-Trailers-Most-Bonkers-Thing-You-See-Today-36788.html

Holy shit that looks amazingly bad. I agree that if they would be able to do one thing well you would think it would be to have realistic looking fights, which did not appear to be the case in that trailer. Looks like it might be a fun watch though.

I was just amazed that they showed Matt Hardy dying in the trailer. I also expected more from Piper since he had one of the most realistic fights in movie history in They Live, though with having at least one of his hips replaced and years of damage to his body, I can understand why he opts to bite the zombies instead.

I think this filmed around me in the Pittsburgh area and West Virginia, but I didn't take part in it. At the same time, "Foxcatcher", starring Steve Carell as John du Pont, and Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo as wrestling brothers, directed by Bennett Miller of "Moneyball", was shooting, which I DID get to work on. One of these films will be nominated for Oscars....

Well that's easy, of course PW vs. Z with Hacksaw Jim Duggan getting a Best Supporting Actor nomination.

• Like 1

Well, sure, but that's politics for ya. I mean, after all the times Duggan's been passed over, they're going to nominate him for ANYTHING he does next.

• Like 1

That's why I think Piper will get the lead actor nod since he was passed over for Hell Comes to Frogtown and They Live, the academy was foolish to overlook those roles. I heard Brando wanted to give his Oscar to Piper because he felt he deserved it more, but Piper declined saying he wanted to win his own. He then hit Brando in the head with a coconut.

• Like 1

That's easy to explain. I mean, both of those films came out the same year, so voters were divided when it came to the nomination process. I don't think he could have WON that year, because Dustin Hoffman KILLED in "Rain Man", but maybe he could have had the slot that that went to Max Von Sydow. Good field that year. DAMN good field.

That and I don't think the Academy wanted to give Piper the chance to give a heel speech about how good it was to beat a "retard."

That and I don't think the Academy wanted to give Piper the chance to give a heel speech about how good it was to beat a "retard."

It was 1989, I think he could have gotten away with it still. Maybe.

Roddy Piper's unheard acceptance speech - the reason the politically correct movement was created.

Holy shit I've just seen this since it's offered on Amazon Prime, I think only because it's a Troma film and all of those recently got put on Prime.The acting his horrible from most of the wrestlers which is odd since many of the wrestlers were good at cutting promos. The gore isn't bad but it's Troma cheap so you get what you get, and the plot is understandably ridiculous while also allowing for bitter wrestlers like Shane Douglas to air their grievances against former promoters who they are still angry at even 10-15 years after the initial issue occurred.

Holy shit I've just seen this since it's offered on Amazon Prime, I think only because it's a Troma film and all of those recently got put on Prime.The acting his horrible from most of the wrestlers which is odd since many of the wrestlers were good at cutting promos. The gore isn't bad but it's Troma cheap so you get what you get, and the plot is understandably ridiculous while also allowing for bitter wrestlers like Shane Douglas to air their grievances against former promoters who they are still angry at even 10-15 years after the initial issue occurred.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that this thread had been around so long, because my last comment here was BEFORE I'd met most of the people that worked in it! It's even cheaper than Troma cheap, and was sort of released already before Troma picked it up and gave it a better (?) release. When I first got involved with working Indy shows in Fall 2013, this had recently wrapped. Aside from some of the bigger names (although Shane Douglas and Kurt Angle are from here), most of the wrestlers in the movie are Indy guys from western Pennsylvania and West Virginia, and I guess it was a blast to work on, but I don't think annnnnnnnyone is under the impression that it was good.

What's funny is that Piper is acting his ass off in this and is actually pretty good, which is understandable since he has the most acting experience, but then you have guys like Douglas and Angle who are just awful, though Angle is only in the film for a couple minutes. For the most part the Indy guys are having fun, though there was one guy who played up the stupid nerd role way too much, so far as saying "reboot" as if that would reset real life as the zombies are eating him.

Sign in to follow this