đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—

14 hours ago, MichaelKatsimbris said:

I have to admit, I enjoyed this movie when I watched it as a kid. In fact, I watched it more than once.

That being said, I certainly don't want to be seen as trying to mount a campaign to save the reputation for this movie. (I won't win, and my rose colored glasses from watching this when I was younger, I'm sure colored my opinion.)

I have similar rose colored delusions about Clean Slate. I know its an objectively terrible movie, but I watched it more times than I can count because Dana Carvey was one of my favorite actors at the time. Not too mention the crush I had on Valeria Golino after seeing her in Big Top PeeWee. 

I heard about this movie for the first time recently, and I’m shocked it hasn’t been covered.  The elevator pitch I got was “Elijah Wood is mad at his parents and tries out families from different cultures. He likes the Inuit until Grandpa is sent to die on an ice floe. It was all a dream.”  

How did so many famous people get roped into this and did it break Rob Reiner’s spirit?

• Like 1

This was easily in my top 5 favorite movies as a child.  And it is absolutely ripe and ready for a good ol' HDTGM Childhood Ruining.