🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
inactiveuser501

The Forgotten

This is, quite possibly, the worst movie that no one can remember. There is so much insanity that you would think this would become a cult classic, but it just isn't on the radar. And yet, it opened at #1 and made over $100 million.

Anyway, Julianne Moore plays a woman whose child is missing, but is being told by her therapist (Gary Sinese) and husband that her son never existed in the first place. These plot points, by the way, are given within the first 2 minutes, the exposition is horrible.

This film mainly is tied to the twist ending, which I'll hide below, so SPOILERS. THIS IS PRETTY BIG, SO ONLY LOOK IF YOU'VE SEEN IT OR WON'T SEE IT

Julianne Moore, halfway throughout the movie, begins to believe, for no apparent reason, that her son has been abducted by aliens. AND SHE IS RIGHT. She finds a random stranger she claims to know, convinces him that his daughter was abducted, the Aliens abduct Alfre Woodard, her husband has no memory of who she is and is never seen again, and the U.S. Government and Gary Sinise are in on it. What. The. Hell.

Guys, do this movie just for the twist of Shyamalan proportions.

I'd totally forgotten about this movie (how fitting), which makes me wonder how many other movies I would have completely blanked on if they hadn't taken up permanent residence in the $5 dump bin at Wal-Mart?

I saw this in the theater with a large group of friends — our takeaway was a tendency, after anybody made a pun that we felt was exile-worthy, to make a "whooshing" motion with our hands, indicating that we'd like the punner to join the Forgotten. However, yes, this was a terrible movie. Or rather, it was an hour and a half of decent suspense with a shitty resolution that made no sense.

One thing about this movie is that when it hit pay channels, they used a cut with a different ending from the theatrical version, that still made no sense.

All I remember was that when people are abducted they get yanked into the air like they were attached to a fully stretched out bungee cord. And if a person was yanked while in a building, it was completely destroyed, but no one outside of Moore and Dominick West could see it.

Sign in to follow this