🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
maggotlimbo

Practical Magic (1998)

Starman is one of his best movies. No way that deserves the HDTGM treatment.

I LOVE this movie. Own it. Watch it all the time. Nicole Kidman is so goddamn beautiful it's painful to look at. But it is also completely bonkers and would probably make a good episode.

• Like 3

this is one of those movies I never need to buy as long as I pay my cable bill. Hehe. I watched it the other night, it didn't seem all that bad. Kinda reminded me of The Witches of Eastwick another cable town movie. almost the same movie but no devil..

• Like 1

I LOVE this movie. Own it. Watch it all the time. Nicole Kidman is so goddamn beautiful it's painful to look at. But it is also completely bonkers and would probably make a good episode.

Couldn't agree more!! Nicole Kidman was at her most beautiful red headed self and Sandra was cute too. The whole cast is great, the aunts house is my freaking dream home, and this movie has a great soundtrack! http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/10/25/practical-magic-a-victorian-house-fit-for-a-witch/

Here's the trailer. Until I saw the trailer, I always got this one mixed up with Simply Irresistible where Sarah Michelle Geller makes magic brownies or something (not a euphemism)

THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING!

I just saw it, and it blew my mind. Sure, everyone's acting is good, but I have serious problems with calling this a Romantic Comedy, because the love interest is totally unlikable and they are romantically connected in about 2 minutes.

But Jesus, Nicole Kidman's Boyfriend? The Midnight Margarita Party? The Movie's problems being solved by a Phone Tree?!? The fact that I still don't know what constitutes "Practical Magic"? This needs to be considered.

Here's the trailer. Until I saw the trailer, I always got this one mixed up with Simply Irresistible where Sarah Michelle Geller makes magic brownies or something (not a euphemism)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZf-HiXQXnE

That's funny, because I was confusing this with "Hocus Pocus", which I didn't remember Nicole Kidman being in at all!

That's funny, because I was confusing this with "Hocus Pocus", which I didn't remember Nicole Kidman being in at all!

That's also funny, because I kept confusing this with "Love Potion No. 9", the other Sandra Bullock RomCom with Supernatural Elements.

I'd like to see the crew watch all of those interchangeable witch movies and then be quizzed and have to explain which plot was which

That's also funny, because I kept confusing this with "Love Potion No. 9", the other Sandra Bullock RomCom with Supernatural Elements.

Hmmmmm, there was another one besides "Premonition"? That one was HILARIOUS.

• Like 2

I'd like to see the crew watch all of those interchangeable witch movies and then be quizzed and have to explain which plot was which

You were SO close. The correct answer is "Which Witch Is Which"!

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, there was another one besides "Premonition"? That one was HILARIOUS.

And don't forget "The Lake House", which is also part of the long line of movies that just go to show that we all really shouldn't have been surprised when Sandra Bullock took on All About Steve.

Gotta bring this strange 1998 fantasy comedy back up to the masses. Directed by Griffin Dunne of An American Werewolf in London and After Hours fame.

• Like 1

Gotta bring this strange 1998 fantasy comedy back up to the masses. Directed by Griffin Dunne of An American Werewolf in London and After Hours fame.

I just wanted to point out I love afterhours.

Tonights mohawk night at club Berlin!

akihig.jpg

who could not forget this scene.

I still want to make my own Club Berlin Tshirt.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this