🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Sidekicks (1992)

I really want to hear the team's thoughts on what is probably the most problematic yellow face performance since Breakfast at Tiffany's. And Joe Piscopo in general. Other than that, this movie is actually a pretty heart warming tale about being yourself in the form of capitalizing on every Chuck Norris movie ever made and reusing them all in the fantasy sequences. Comparing and contrasting this martial arts training with other films, the no-mance between Barry's father and Bobo Joan Chen. Also, there is a pretty cool final competition sequence for the finale with a crazy nunchaku demo by not Jonathan Brandis RIP

Came on here to suggest this movie and here was a thread! Rewatched it a few years ago and it DOES NOT HOLD UP. I would also suggest that Jason, Paul, and June do Surf Ninjas, and 3 Ninjas (which had 3 sequels!).

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say fuck Photobucket. Knowing all my photo links are dead now is a bummer to say the least.

That aside, still championing this for an episode. The dream sequences are all fantastic and Mako was great in this. Piscopo was so goddamn perfect for his role in this movie it staggers the mind.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this