🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
RyanCampbell

List of Scott's Frequently Repeated Phrases

"[insert uncouth or ribald statement/question], y'know what I mean?"

My favorite instance was when Tig Notaro mentions a fan video that ended with a two year-old saying "Good one." Scott-o-bot's first response: And, uh, what did that two year-old look like, y'know what I mean?

Can we add the word "canonical"?...

I literally had to look that word up the first time I ever heard Scott say it a few years back. Now I feel like it's a normal part of my vocabulary thanks to Comedy Bean Bag

References to Slimer with a mouth full of hot dogs.

• Like 1

Excitedly pointing out that the New York Times is "the paper of record!"

"Little boy who wanted to be a big boy."

Benny Schwa and house of pies

calling something that someone else has said their "famous catchphrase"

I cant quote it exactly, but the whole thing about where to send would you rather suggestions, someone has to know what I mean

eatin' aint cheatin'

"I'd love to see..."

not sure if UTU2TM counts but that show is just so CHOCK FULL of these kinds of things that I wont even attempt to list them

More recently, any time someone pours a glass of water he references listening to track 9 of his sound effects record. Also, am I mistaken or wasn't that originally PFT's sound effects record? I was confused when he referened it in the episode yesterday (10/20/14)

• Like 2

after this week's episode, we could be adding "Breaking Bad theme song" to the list if he keeps it up.

• Like 1

"Oranges, The New Black." Although he was corrected by Natasha Lyonne, so now I know the actual title is "Oranges, The New Blacks."

"First time listeners may be wondering..." (or some variation of that).

I had another one but now I completely forget it... I caught it during YouTube Phenomahna so I'll have to go back and find it and then edit this in a few minutes.

EDIT: It was "We'll get to you in a second..." but somebody already posted it here.

• Like 1

Beyond catchphrases, there are also just a lot of subjects/themes constantly being referenced.

• "A <insert movie/TV show> situation"
    • A Back to the Future situation, B.A. Baracus situation, etc...

[*]Alternate dimensions (an infinite number of X in alternate dimensions)

[*]Time travel

[*]ghosts with unfinished business

As I write this, I'm realizing that PFT is likely responsible for most of these.

The aforementioned Slimer with a mouthful of hot dogs, and the fact that he was credited as 'Onionhead' in the movie would definitely fit into this category.

• Like 1

He hasn't done these in ages but I loved when he was telling someone to look up something online and would start with "go to computer.com". Also there was something he would say about being sponsored by Google and how if you wanted to Bing something please use Google.