🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
RyanCampbell

List of Scott's Frequently Repeated Phrases

Referring to MC Hammer as "Master of Ceremonies Hammer".

This one's only happened a few times, but it's so great that I've adopted it when referencing Mister Hammer in everyday life (happens way more often that you'd think). It's just so, I don't know, "legit" that I'm having trouble quitting it.

"Referring to MC Hammer as "Master of Ceremonies Hammer".

This one's only happened a few times, but it's so great that I've adopted it when referencing Mister Hammer in everyday life (happens way more often that you'd think). It's just so, I don't know, "legit" that I'm having trouble quitting it."

It's too legitimate to quitimate.

The Ma-ROHN "Would You Rather" game made me realize there's a partial WYR script - "We all know how this game is played," "How would you like to vote?"

• Like 1

He does say 'All of the sudden' an awful lot. I'm not sure that qualifies as a catchphrase, but my ears sure catch it 'cause it's kinda wrong. :)

I heard the phrase "shock rocker" today, and all I could think of was Scott saying "A SHOCKING ROCK AND ROLL MUSICIAN?!"

• Like 1

I feel like he's commented on the guest's "referenceometer" a few or more times

This one is more like a commonly used opener when he's talking about things.

"Ok, you've seen..."

As when introducing a guest. "Ok, you've seen him on this show, and you've seen him on that show, please welcome..."

Or when talking about a show. "Ok, you've seen it on this, and you've seen it on that, but now it's going to be..."

And commonly when someone says something awful, "Oh boy."

When he's around Adam Pally and Jason Mantzoukis, "Bro" comes up quite a bit.

"Hey, come on! This is not that kind of show"

• Like 1

"Hey, come on! This is not that kind of show"

Yes, you will win $10,000 but it's really not that kind of show.

• Like 1

Yes, you will win $10,000 but it's really not that kind of show.

Classic beav talk moment!

"I've heard of X, but Y?"

• Like 1

"i've always wanted to ask you..."

"aaaand... ten more minutes"

• Like 1

If you are going to Bing something, use Google.

• Like 1

People born in the 50s are now in there 50s.

• Like 3

"It's two sides of the same coin." I giggle like an idiot everytime he misuses that phrase.

I try to implement CBB rules in real life sometimes and let me tell you it does not work out so well.

When people say their own names you have to repeat it very fast before they say anything else. Cake Boss! When someone refers to their spouse in any way, it's an open invitation for "my whaiff." I tried please call me Mr. Johansen. No, please call me Klem, and it similarly failed miserably. I need cooler friends, apparently.

I can report that "It's been" has had some limited success with my, um, the woman I married, since she has a frame of reference for the Barenaked Ladies. I will say, though, that IT'S BEEN at least a month or so since I tried it.

• Like 1

I got way too excited when Kumail Nanjiani dropped a "My wife" on Nerdist after appearing on CBB last week.

• Like 2

"(some form of acknowledgement of a holiday or anniversary) just kidding" and "The circus in Washington" fumbling is always great

• Like 1