🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MiriamWebster

Wild Guitar (1962)

Fun, dumb, and weird! This B-movie stab at a musical comedy was written by Arch Hall Sr., stars his son, Arch Hall Jr. as an aspiring musician (word is that Arch Hall Sr. talked Jr. into acting), and was the directorial debut of Ray Dennis Steckler ('Rat Pfink a Boo Boo,' 'The Incredibly Strange Creatures That Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?').

'Twist Fever' is truly one of my favorite songs in the world. One scene features a woman doing a threatening dance at Arch Hall Jr. in an attempt to seduce him. There's a group of hoodlums who are kind of an idiotic combo of Eric Von Zipper-led gang in the Frankie & Annette beach party moviesand the Three Stooges. There's some figure skating... Honestly, my memory of this movie is pretty hazy, even though I've seen it twice, or I'd elaborate more! Don't even recall where the plot goes or what really happens. I wouldn't want to necessarily call 'Wild Guitar' a "bad movie," but it's definitely a strange, surreal, messy, entertaining watch.

Trailer:

'Twist Fever':

Sign in to follow this