đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
TessWhite

Dream House (2011)

Daniel Craig and wife Rachel Weisz star in this thriller about a man that may or may not or may have killed his family and the hallucinations/ghosts/real family that are with him the entire time.

It has a crazy ending that I am still trying to figure and co-stars Daniel Craig's crazy hair.

W-I-11 8-10-10(watch the movie and understand what that means)

6% on RT.

And the poster is incredibly deceiving. It makes it seem that it is way creepier than it actually is.

dream-house-poster-lg.jpg

What's amazing is that, when it came out on DVD, they proceeded to shrink the creepy wallpaper girls and put more emphasis on the adult stars, making it look like a generic thriller in the process:

ScreenShot2013-04-15at115003PM_zps8c1b7b45.png

(I especially love how they seemed to find pictures of the stars that makes them all look only vaguely concerned, like the caterers just told them there wouldn't be any Diet Cokes at lunchtime.)

What happened to Jim Sheridan's career? How did he go from making three collaborations with Daniel Day-Lewis (My Left Foot, In the Name of the Father, The Boxer) to directing schlock such as this and the 50 Cent classic "Get Rich or Die Tryin'"? He even disowned this after clashing with the producers over the final result and neither Sheridan nor his stars even went out to go promote the film. Such a sad way to go rock bottom.

• Like 1

What was most insane for me was that they give away the surprise around Daniel Craig's character and who he really was IN THE TRAILER! Why spoil your movie's big surprise like that? It was like with the remake of When a Stranger Calls, most people who that movie was targeted at (teens) probably never heard of the original so they wouldn't know the twist, but in the trailer there they are revealing that the stranger is in the house with the kids, such stupid marketing.

• Like 2

What was most insane for me was that they give away the surprise around Daniel Craig's character and who he really was IN THE TRAILER! Why spoil your movie's big surprise like that? It was like with the remake of When a Stranger Calls, most people who that movie was targeted at (teens) probably never heard of the original so they wouldn't know the twist, but in the trailer there they are revealing that the stranger is in the house with the kids, such stupid marketing.

Oh God, "When a Stranger Calls" is one of my most hated movies ever. I've only seen it once when it was new, but I remember so, so much of it. On top of it being dumber than shit anyway, you KNOW that nothing happens until the "The call is coming from inside the house" line, which ends up being the last five minutes of the movie. And then the stranger is LITERALLY a stranger, not anyone that's appeared in the movie so far, and certainly not any of the dropped names or red herrings that they try to set up in the first 80 minutes. What a fucking waste of a movie.

• Like 2

And then the stranger is LITERALLY a stranger, not anyone that's appeared in the movie so far, and certainly not any of the dropped names or red herrings that they try to set up in the first 80 minutes. What a fucking waste of a movie.

I hate when movies and tv shows do that. It's always the worst. Why waste the ending of a movie on a character with no development, that the audience has no reason to be invested in? Never works out well.

• Like 2

I hate when movies and tv shows do that. It's always the worst. Why waste the ending of a movie on a character with no development, that the audience has no reason to be invested in? Never works out well.

I think I may have said it elsewhere in regards to this movie, but the only thing worse in a movie than the culprit being exactly who you think it is is it being NO ONE, like when the twist is that there is no twist, which means that everyone that's acting creepy or suspicious did so for NO reason. In a better movie, these people would at least be set up as patsies. It reminds of in "Scream 3" where the killer was pretty much the ONLY person not giving a "The killer could be ANY of us, even ME!" speech. If you don't want to be a murder suspect, don't TALK like a fucking murder suspect.

• Like 1

I was looking forward to watching this, but ended up getting physically violent and frustrated from it. Separately Craig and Weisz are great, so one would assume together they'd be fantastic. Don't assume. Zero payoff for this movie. Would be fun to hear how annoyed the team got watching this. 

Fun Fact, Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz started their relationship on set of this movie while playing a married couple

From Wiki: Director Jim Sheridan reportedly clashed with Morgan Creek’s James G. Robinson constantly on the set over the shape of the script and production of the film. According to the Los Angeles Times, Sheridan tried to take his name off the film after being unhappy with it and his relationship with Morgan Creek Productions.

Reportedly, Sheridan, Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz disliked the final cut of the film. The trailer, cut by Morgan Creek Productions, received criticism for revealing the main plot twist of the film.

Sign in to follow this