🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 60 — Street Fighter

There needs to be a new segment on the show called "Jason Mantzoukas Gets Schooled", where message board loons individuals go out of there way to correct one of the many politically incorrect messages Jason espouses on the show ala Conan O'Brian's Fan Corrections. Jason's first lesson: Black People Are Regular People, Too.

YOU HEAR THAT, ZOUKAS? YOU CAN'T IGNORE US ANYMORE, IN YOUR IVORY TOWER, WITH YOUR IVORY WEDDINGS. YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED TO WATCH A HEALTHY DOSE OF DHALSIM'S GOOD GUY BRAIN WASHING VIDEOS. MAYBE THEN YOU WILL SEE THAT TWO BLACK PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED IS THE SAME WHEN TWO WHITE PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED.

But not Asians, those guys are nuts.

• Like 3

There needs to be a new segment on the show called "Jason Mantzoukas Gets Schooled", where message board loons individuals go out of there way to correct one of the many politically incorrect messages Jason espouses on the show ala Conan O'Brian's Fan Corrections. Jason's first lesson: Black People Are Regular People, Too.

YOU HEAR THAT, ZOUKAS? YOU CAN'T IGNORE US ANYMORE, IN YOUR IVORY TOWER, WITH YOUR IVORY WEDDINGS. YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED TO WATCH A HEALTHY DOSE OF DHALSIM'S GOOD GUY BRAIN WASHING VIDEOS. MAYBE THEN YOU WILL SEE THAT TWO BLACK PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED IS THE SAME WHEN TWO WHITE PEOPLE GETTING MARRIED.

But not Asians, those guys are nuts.

Now, I'm starting to understand the backlash. You corrected something that GUEST had said, while I corrected something that one of the HOSTS said. I was under the impression that you could correct something that ANYONE said. My bad.

That explains why my innocuous comment gets feasted upon while you're comment didn't. Also explains why you flip the script and act a straight asshole after you did the EXACT SAME THING.

To steal a phrase from June, "it's all starting to come together for me now..."

Can some one add a sticky thread that outlines this rule on the forum?

I want to record to show that black dolphins should NOT be getting married. REGULAR dolphin marriages only, like GOD intended.

I just wanted to post this Kylie video to remind everyone that she still makes great music. She should just stay away from acting. Far, far away from acting.

I just wanted to post this Kylie video to remind everyone that she still makes great music. She should just stay away from acting. Far, far away from acting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frv6FOt1BNI

man I'm a huge Kylie fan, but this song just disappointed me. there were much better songs on Aphrodite that they could've put out as the first single.

One of the greatest HDTGM episodes and and one of the greatest JDR moments isn't only 'What is a Street Fighter' but the keen observation:

Boxing gloves. It seems like you would wear boxing gloves for inside fighting. Not outdoor street fighting.

(sorry if I'm not quoting exactly) but holy fuckeroni I was crying laughing. June is pure awesome and made this one of the great episodes ever!

• Like 3

I just want reaction shots from inside the studio, just to see John's reaction to the "Shoehorned In" quote and Jason's reaction to the love for Van Damme's speech.

Also, did anyone else notice and love that during Jason's laugh at "What exactly is a Street Fighter?", June quietly said twice "I don't know..." is the most amazing way?

man I'm a huge Kylie fan, but this song just disappointed me. there were much better songs on Aphrodite that they could've put out as the first single.

Really? I thought it was classic Kylie with a bit of a Scissor Sisters influence. There are def other great tracks on that album though (esp the title track).

But anyways, I would just like to say THANK YOU PAUL!!! I knew I wasn't the only one who saw that there was a sexual tension to Ken and Ryu's relationship! I don't know why, but when they said 'I only saw the left side' 'Good I saw the right', it just felt dirty.

It's pretty interesting how Paul picked up on that. Ryu and Ken did seem to have a more than friends relationship and I don't mean brotherly love. They are supposed to be from the same Karate (Shotokan) school, has the same master and are brotherly close The Anime, Street Fighter II The Movie (which came out before Street Fighter the Movie), expanded on their brotherly relationshp but it was written poorly and made it seem like Ryu and Ken had a hard on for each other (not that there's anything wrong with that). This was later exploited in other Street Fighter games and expanded universe. The Japanese game developers recognized the potential homo sexual undertone which they can use to draw in the female demographi, they redesigned Ryu and Ken to be more "Bishonen" (attractive males) and turned them "ambiguously gay." There was a lot of that going in Anime around that time.

HDTGM crew thank you so much for this! An amazing episode!

It's pretty interesting how Paul picked up on that. Ryu and Ken did seem to have a more than friends relationship and I don't mean brotherly love. They are supposed to be from the same Karate (Shotokan) school, has the same master and are brotherly close The Anime, Street Fighter II The Movie (which came out before Street Fighter the Movie), expanded on their brotherly relationshp but it was written poorly and made it seem like Ryu and Ken had a hard on for each other (not that there's anything wrong with that). This was later exploited in other Street Fighter games and expanded universe. The Japanese game developers recognized the potential homo sexual undertone which they can use to draw in the female demographi, they redesigned Ryu and Ken to be more "Bishonen" (attractive males) and turned them "ambiguously gay." There was a lot of that going in Anime around that time.

HDTGM crew thank you so much for this! An amazing episode!

not that i feel the need to defend the sexuality of ken or anything but just a fun fact: Ken is married to Eliza Masters. if you beat street fighter 2 with Ken he gets married in the end. and she is also in the anime street fighter 2 the movie. Ryu on the other hand..... who knows...

• Like 1

The only character in the film who realizes that this whole thing is silly is Sagat (Wes Studi). He's the coolest Street Fighter in this movie.

• Like 1

I want to record to show that black dolphins should NOT be getting married. REGULAR dolphin marriages only, like GOD intended.

We get it Wien. You're such a true 'Murrican that you wrote in Rick Perry on your ballot. We get it, dude. Calm the fuck down.

I just want reaction shots from inside the studio, just to see John's reaction to the "Shoehorned In" quote and Jason's reaction to the love for Van Damme's speech.

Also, did anyone else notice and love that during Jason's laugh at "What exactly is a Street Fighter?", June quietly said twice "I don't know..." is the most amazing way?

Her question makes perfect sense because there was no "street fighting". The movie should have been called Operation Shadowloo or Real Estate Development with M. Bison.

The movie should have been called Operation Shadowloo

I mean, with it being based on the second game rather than the first, it was staring them right in the face - "Street Fighter II: Operation Shadowloo".

• Like 1

I think the bad guy from Roadhouse and M.Bison should get together and do a show about civic planning. Both of their fiendish plans hinged on property tax rates and easement guidelines.

• Like 1

not that i feel the need to defend the sexuality of ken or anything but just a fun fact: Ken is married to Eliza Masters. if you beat street fighter 2 with Ken he gets married in the end. and she is also in the anime street fighter 2 the movie. Ryu on the other hand..... who knows...

That what makes the 1994 Anime Movie interesting to watch. Actually, there's a few interesting things in that movie (Chun Li fan service). Ryu is constantly on Ken's mind, even when he's with his wife, Eliza. During the final battle between Ken, Ryu and M. Biston, a love song was playing in the background. If you get a chance, I recommend checking out the Anime Movie. The characters are truer to the source materlel and there are more "street" fighting.

Here's another fun fact: In Street Fighter IV, Ken and Eliza has a son.

HAHAHA @ Paul. Paraphrasing: "This movie IS racist...I'm just not sure how". Most times Paul says something is racist, then says what that part is, I find myself going "okay, now get to the racist part". Hahaha, Funny to hear him have a hard time with it too. Can something be racist towards a made-up culture of evil?

I hope so.

jarjar.jpg

What exactly do YOU find racist about Jar-Jar? That's seems totally out of character for you.

Sign in to follow this