🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Unusual

Vote for the Top 50 Comedy Bang Bang Guests!

Vote for the top CBB Guests  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in voting for your favourite CBB guests?

• Yes, I am interested in voting for my top 25 favourite CBB guests
    • Nah

(Please note I posted this elsewhere, but I'm not trying to spam. It's just that this is in the off-topic board as well but it also pertains specifically CBB)

Hey guys! I want to start a new community building enterprise based on one from my time at the rifftrax boards (and I'm sure other forums I don't go to). The basic idea is that every month we vote on the stuff we are interested in (for example, one month is top 50 Comedy Movies, another is Top 50 Songs from the 80's, Another is Top 50 Super-Heroes, etc.)

For us, the topic will be top 50 Comedy Bang Bang guests!

Basically, it's a fun activity where we get to talk about the things we like and debate which are better.

Step 1 is to make a list of your top 25 guests from all of Comedy Bang Bang (the podcast and the TV show). Please rank them in order of preference with #1 will be your favourite. Each number is worth points inverse to it's ranking. For example, your #1 is worth 25 points, your #2 is worth 24, #3 worth 23... and #25 is one point!

Step 2. Please keep the list a secret, Rather than posting it here, send it to me, the host, as a private message! I will keep track of them and add up all the numbers to see who gets the most points! For example, if Jon Hamm appears on 3 lists, with one person giving him 21 points, another giving him 4 points and another giving him 15, then that's 40 points. The higher the score, the higher you appear in the rankings.

Step 3: when I have all the lists in, then they are all added together and then I post the top 50, usually somewhere between 5 and 10 a day.

Does this sound interesting? I think it does. So if you are interested, please make a list and private message me with it. And try to keep your votes a secret, just so the results will be a surprise! The deadline is May 5th, 2013 for now, and we should try to get in at least 10 lists. And please post or hit the poll to show you are interested and that this ain't a waste of time. If this is successful, then I'll make another list later on.

Sounds fun. Two questions:

1) Listing 25 is probably more work than I want to put into this. If we want to submit a shorter list, is that OK? Sounds like it would work out with the way you're tallying points.

2) Would someone who's played multiple characters just count as one all-inclusive entry?

1) Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Unfortunately a shorter list means fewer points (if it's a list of 10, then your #1 is only worth 10 Points), but trust me, every point counts (and even short list has a role in tie breaking. If there's a point tie than the number of lists voting for that entry trumps. And if there's a tie there, then the entry who ranked the highest breaks that tie.

2) Yep. I should have said this is not for characters (though that could make a great list down the line), but for all the guests in general. If you don't know or remember who played a character you can put that on your list and I'll find out for you.

Oh, and i have 2 lists so far, so we only need 8 more to get it started, though the more the merrier.

Also, I'm hoping this will be popular that we can do a list every month that aren't necessarily about earwolf stuff (though are occasionally, since I also want to do a HDTGM themed list for movies people want to see.) The basic idea is to have fun ranking stuff and comparing favourites. Later on lists could include subjects like favourite movies, songs, TV shows, characters, foods and such, though will be more specific than that (Like top 50 Comedy movies or Top 50 Rock Stars/Bands). So if you are interested, please let me know. I think it will result in some more fun board activities.

1) Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Unfortunately a shorter list means fewer points (if it's a list of 10, then your #1 is only worth 10 Points), but trust me, every point counts (and even short list has a role in tie breaking. If there's a point tie than the number of lists voting for that entry trumps. And if there's a tie there, then the entry who ranked the highest breaks that tie.

For a list of ten, wouldn't you just assign point values of 25-16? That way, it counts equally, and the only problem is that it makes it slightly harder to get to 50 total vote-getters.

I get that, but at the same time, I don't want someone to just send a list of 1 that says Jon Hamm and be worth 25. I'm not trying to penalize short lists, but encourage longer ones.

Sign in to follow this