🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TheDeeds1025

Your Highness - how (for real though) did this get made?

BIG named actors, some in the height of their fame, very strange sexual situations (minataur rape anyone?) , and a penis necklace.

This movie pisses me off, not just because it's a bad movie or because it wastes an interesting premise, but because the director made good movies like "George Washington" and "Snow Angels" and then wasted his time and talents on three worthless comedies. (I'm not a fan of "Pineapple Express," likely because I didn't watch it while high.)

• Like 2

I didn't think I'd like Pineapple Express, but I ended up laughing quite a bit. I feel confident I would not have liked this, however.

I really liked this movie. The minotaur rape and penis necklace along with Justin Theroux's performance are some of my favorite things about it. Whether you like it or not it really doesn't lend itself to HDTGM. Along with being a comedy it's a fantasy movie so you know there are going to be some what the fuck moments. It's also a movie that doesn't take itself seriously at all and has a fairly straight forward plot, so I really don't know what they would talk about. All the crazy, what the fuck moments are meant to be just that, so what would be the point in talking about them?

If you enjoyed Pinapple Express and Willow I would highly recommend this movie, just make sure you're prepared for what it is which is a silly, fun movie that pays homage to fantasy films of the 80's.

I don't think they would do this movie because Danny McBride runs in the same circles as they do. And I think he was on Year One with June.

I wish they'd do Year One. I know they likely won't, but I'd love to see a Director's edition-style episode where Paul & June break down what exactly went wrong there.

I think they're better off staying away from intentional comedy. The comedy episodes they've done in the past, like The Love Guru, don't strike the same chords as when they're analyzing a unintentionally hilarious performance, like everyone in The Wicker Man, or just a crazy movie altogether like Crank or Sleepaway Camp.

• Like 2

Although I think The Love Guru was ok because it was so horribly written that there was no doubt it was made solely because of the success of the Austin Powers movies, I do agree with you about comedies in general.

Because of how subjective comedy is, unless the plot is so bad and the "comedy" so mind boggling awful that you know it was only made because of the writer/stars past success(Nothing But Trouble, The Love Guru) it's really hard to do an episode on. I think that's why they've, for the most part, stayed away from pure, intentional comedies.

As for Year One, there's no way they would ever do it. If you listen to the commentary track, Ramis was very pleased with the movie as was Cera and Black and I don't see them wanting to rip a movie those guys are proud of, especially Harold Ramis.

Edited by BagguhMcGuirk

I really liked this movie. The minotaur rape and penis necklace along with Justin Theroux's performance are some of my favorite things about it. Whether you like it or not it really doesn't lend itself to HDTGM. Along with being a comedy it's a fantasy movie so you know there are going to be some what the fuck moments. It's also a movie that doesn't take itself seriously at all and has a fairly straight forward plot, so I really don't know what they would talk about. All the crazy, what the fuck moments are meant to be just that, so what would be the point in talking about them?

If you enjoyed Pinapple Express and Willow I would highly recommend this movie, just make sure you're prepared for what it is which is a silly, fun movie that pays homage to fantasy films of the 80's.

I also really enjoyed this movie! I think it's one of those things that's so self-indulgent in a really specific way that can only hope to click with a small niche of people. There are movies that attempt something and fail, and then there are movies that do exactly what they set out to and just aren't for everyone, I think this movie is the latter, so it's hard for me to imagine this as a HDTGM episode because what is there to really talk about? Seems pointless to make fun of something for being absurd when it's knowingly being absurd on purpose.

This is the movie that I lost 100% of my respect for Natalie Portman as a actress. I was willing to forgive her for the bad starwars movies because lets face it every actor in those movies gave a poor performance to some degree, some just gave a little bit more then others did.

for a pot movie I enjoyed Pinapple Express. I don't know why hollywood makes so many drug themed films these days. seems to be the new trend now. every movies got to have some person smoking pot and getting high. You can show a guy with a gun shooting up a shopping mall and a kid smoking drugs but the second you show a titty everyone freaks out and goes nuts. that's amarica for ya. now I am starting to sound like mojo nixon. I am sorry...

LOL, i love crank..Untill "in the name of the king" I didn't think there was a bad Jason Statham film. I would just blindly watch his film's and think nothing of it.

This is the movie that I lost 100% of my respect for Natalie Portman as a actress. I was willing to forgive her for the bad starwars movies because lets face it every actor in those movies gave a poor performance to some degree, some just gave a little bit more then others did.

Okay... but you never finished the first part. I'm kind of curious what she did in this movie that made you lose all respect for her. (From what I've heard, her part in the movie just seems to be as a female warrior who doesn't even seem to do anything funny.)

for a pot movie I enjoyed Pinapple Express. I don't know why hollywood makes so many drug themed films these days. seems to be the new trend now. every movies got to have some person smoking pot and getting high. You can show a guy with a gun shooting up a shopping mall and a kid smoking drugs but the second you show a titty everyone freaks out and goes nuts. that's amarica for ya. now I am starting to sound like mojo nixon. I am sorry...

I don't know, most movies that feature drug use get R ratings, though I agree about the rest. That might not be what you meant, though. In any case, it's probably just that so many people are open about smoking pot that it's becoming a non-issue that most puritans won't get too upset about, but there are still groups of people who get upset over sex and nudity.

it wasn't her acting at all, it was the fact that she did this type of less then artistic type of film at all. I call these type's of movies main stream garbage, she had done such good films up tell Star Wars then she broke done and sold out and did this crap. I guess that is what I was trying to say. Ewan McGregor did the same thing too after starwars he signed him self up for all sorta of money grabbing movies.he had done such great work until that point, Some really cool movies. now for every good movie he makes there's a hand full of mainstream films that he must of got told to do by the studio. after all that's how hollywood works. you got to do so many films as favors in order to make the films you want to.

BTW I don't care about drugs, I am pro legalization of it. I am against glamorizing it.

Don't get me saying HOO-ah again, I still find my self walking around the house saying that.

Sign in to follow this