🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Return To Sleepaway Camp

This movie HAS to be done on the show. While it's not as WTF insane as the original, there are still some moments that made my head spin. Plus since Jonathan Tiersten was on the message board for the original movie and said that he would be interested in doing the episode, it makes it that much more fantastic.

iirc from the sleepaway camp thread paul came in and posted something to the effect of they're working on getting him on the show. so i would assume they'd do this one so it could be like the cool as ice/birdemic/room episodes.

Ryan Sz have you watched this all the way, does it get any better? I tried watching this movie, because I enjoyed the first one.

Vincent Pastore is in Return to Sleepaway Camp. You know him from the sopranos. My mind was thinking Vincent/ Sleepaway camp how could I lose, it's free on youtube. I didn't make it very far.

I really enjoyed birdemic as I just watched it, the other night. I still have not watched the room, Not sure if it's worth buying from amazon as i can't find it anywhere else. whats cool as ice like, is that a good one to watch?

I got around 16 movies from HDTGM that I want to watch some day. but it's hard to pick a good one.

I really enjoyed birdemic as I just watched it, the other night. I still have not watched the room, Not sure if it's worth buying from amazon as i can't find it anywhere else. whats cool as ice like, is that a good one to watch?

if you remember the like eight month span in the early 90s where vanilla ice was popular and slap bracelets werent banned from school yet, then distill that memory to a 90 minute movie, you get cool as ice. i really and genuinely love cool as ice and would recommend it to just about anyone if they like bad movies, but i still think the room is more entertaining, especially in a big group

Ryan Sz have you watched this all the way, does it get any better? I tried watching this movie, because I enjoyed the first one.

Vincent Pastore is in Return to Sleepaway Camp. You know him from the sopranos. My mind was thinking Vincent/ Sleepaway camp how could I lose, it's free on youtube. I didn't make it very far.

I got around 16 movies from HDTGM that I want to watch some day. but it's hard to pick a good one.

I own quite a few movies done by the show because I love guilty pleasure movies. Judge Dredd, Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter, The Room, Birdemic, Sleepaway Camp, Cobra, Punisher War Zone, Devil's Advocate, both Cranks, and Batman & Robin, are all in my collection. I own all of the Sleepaway Camps except for the Survivor one which is basically just a clip movie. I did like Return to Sleepaway Camp even though it wasn't as 80s as the original. The deaths were great especially, Vincent Pastore's, though to be fair the whole series has always had really good and original death scenes. Other deaths include a castration by car and a girl being squished by a mattress with knives in it.

The Room is a fantastic movie to watch with friends. I've watched it a couple times in the past couple weeks and we spent the whole time Mystery Science Theatering it and having a total blast. Don't know about Cool as Ice, though I don't think I can take any movie with Vanilla as the star seriously.

Ryan Sz

Wow you are committed to this show. i've rented most of shows from itunes and cable tv, now I get other HDTGM movies recommend to me on itunes. it's too funny because it will recommend HDTGM on my ipad because the movie in question is shown or talked about on HDTGM. Tell me does Vincent Pastore ever get a gun in Return to Sleepaway Camp, I guess that is what I was sorta expecting in that he would play the same type of charactor he did on the sopranos but clearly doesn't.

I got no room to buy anymore movies anymore, I got to space to spare for my collection. so it's rent or find online for me. I still got lazerdiscs I got packaged away thinking they are someday going to be worth something. well they are to me anyway.

imhatch, I watched Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo once in theatre with a friend who talked me into seeing it. so I think I can take cool as ice, not sure where one would find it.

My big problem is I live in canada so we don't get the same Netflix store as you guys in the states, we don't get amazon on demand or any of the good stuff. we don't really get a lot of options up here.

No he doesn't get a gun in the film. And most of those movies I owned before I started listening to the show. I've been lucky enough to be able to get the bulk of my 800+ DVD collection due to the two big rental stores in the US, Blockbuster and Hollywood Video, either going out of business completely or closing a bunch of stores. In my hometown there were two of each of these stores and only one remains so I would by a crapton of movies usually at 2 or 3 bucks a piece since it was a going out of business sale. And not just older movies, but new releases at the time as well.

Return is great because it's done by the original director and has a lot of the original cast back, even for a scene or two. It's definitely worth another shot.

It's amazing. Simply amazing - Sleepaway Camp (original) + Return to Sleepaway Camp has to be an episode.

Here's the thing with Return to Sleepaway - I am convinced the Director was not doing anything campy, self-effacing, he wasn't playing on the hokey weirdness or sending up his own film. It was not deliberately stupid.

Oh no.

He genuinely made a 'true sequel' and it was fantastically stupid!

PLEASE do an episode on this. A two parter if need be. Just amazing.

Paul had talked in the board for Sleepaway Camp with Jonathan Tiersten about coming in to do the movie as a follow up, which would be a fantastic episode, especially if they get Zack Pearlman back like they did with Doug Benson on the Twilight episodes.

I own Return to Sleepaway Camp. I was compelled to purchase it - oddly enough, for reasons somewhat related to work. But I would have bought it anyway. And it didn't disappoint - every bit as stupid as I expected!

I own Return to Sleepaway Camp. I was compelled to purchase it - oddly enough, for reasons somewhat related to work. But I would have bought it anyway. And it didn't disappoint - every bit as stupid as I expected!

That's why I bought it as well, I have to be a completionist for this series outside of the uber-shitty Survivor movie and I can't wait for the third movie for the original series comes out.

This is labeled as the original trailer. At first I had a hard time believing it, what with the website logo popping up in the middle and basically the whole story given away... but then I realized that who else would care enough to do it. Also, is that Isaac Hayes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P-UT-g3O0k

Yeah this was his last movie. He's in it for about 5 minutes and then just disappears, which happens to a lot of characters in the movie. They come in, have a couple lines, then either disappear or are murdered violently.

The sequel to the most confusing movie the crew as ever done.

They can finally clear up their confusion in the original episode, and see the film with the #1 most unlikable protagonits ever. Also some of the most uninspired kills for a horror movie, terrible "straight to DVD" level CGI explostions, and a twist so obvious it underminds the geat ending of the original.

It would be in everyone's best intrests to just skip the 3 non-canon sequels, since those are far less enjoyable then this one.

Sign in to follow this