🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
llldebaserlll

Uninvited (1988)

Greydon Clark's Uninvited HAS to be the best worst movie I have ever seen. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's about a poisonous cat that lives inside of a regular cat.

Trailer:

• Like 1

That is fucking hilarious.

Nothing's going to stop me from getting to the Cayman's!

I literally don't know how this got made? I remember seeing it in the late 80s or early 90s as a kid and it terrified me. Then years ago I rediscovered it. I bought it on DVD and found out it was terrible. George Kennedy must've had some gambling debt he needed to pay off because he was willing to act in anything in the 80s. This was released the same year as "The Naked Gun". Everyone in this movie had to know it was going to be shit when they realized the antagonist was a hand puppet.

The director Greydon Clark has quite the track record. He make some exploitation movies in the 70s and he's received the MST3K treatment for Final Justice (1984). The only other film of his I've seen is "Without Waring" (1980). He has a knack for luring in great actors during their slumps because Without Warning stars Jack Palance.

Uninvited is fairly watchable solely because it's unbelievable how bad it is, and it's hard to believe the actors didn't quit the production the minute they saw the cat-puppet-monster (or read the script). I really want to know how George Kennedy got roped in? From Cool Hand Luke to this? How much was his dignity worth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKPkf9dJKw

Bumping this classic in celebration of it's 30th anniversary last week! Might be my favorite bad film ever. A mutant/poisonous cat lives inside of a regular cat and terrorizes the passengers of a gangster's boat. It's kind of like, uh, Alien, I guess? Should be seen for the puppetry work alone. George Kennedy looks really bored here, and Clu Gulager makes some, interesting acting decisions.

Just saw this movie, so bump for a good one! Uninvited would make a great double-feature with The Carrier (also 1988), in which a disease ravages a small town, and the townfolk herd cats to throw at anything that might be contaminated. Good melt movie, ala Street Trash.