🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 216 — Top of the Schaal To You!

Why was the WYR even a discussion? Paul Simon is a tiny man. Pure volume alone would make him the more favorable choice.

• Like 1

Why was the WYR even a discussion? Paul Simon is a tiny man. Pure volume alone would make him the more favorable choice.

You would starve.

Maybe it's just me, but for me I'd take the patented Jon Hamm route and say neither.

• Like 1

I was a real ill boy but thanks to this illwolf podcast and Dr. Levine, I'm feeling much better.

Great episode!!

Is Buford Dorsey familiar with comedian Paul Rust

almost like they're comedic peers or some shit

Considering age difference between us he'd probably be in jail if he did that

HEY-OOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Naht! (Borat)

• Like 1

I definitely got a Frank Underwood/Paul Rust combo vibe from Neil's character, but it was still great. Incidentally, Frank Underwood was in an a capella group in college, so it would be pretty great if this character returned and did a guest spot with the Washington Monugents. Kristen (especially the voicemail song) and Michaela (especially the casual "reveal" that she was Scott's therapist) were both really funny, good episode overall. I was really annoyed that Kristen's special aired at such a weird time with relatively little fanfare, and it seems like they never re-aired it, so I'm glad that the DVD is so cheap (yes, only $8 on Amazon - support Earwolf!).

I hope Michaela Watkins brings that character back. I really want to hear more info about Scott's psychological state.

Also, this is the second Buford on CBB. Buford LeBaron of Suicide House, of course, was the first.

• Like 1

I liked Watkins' character too. Kinda subtle--she said some funny stuff here and there, but was also low-key and a good "straight" character. She interacted well with Neil's wacky character, and with Schaal (who is just wacky in general). I would like to see her interacting with other characters.

• Like 2

Nice lineup, excited to listen

But are we going to get an anniversary episode this week, this Wednesday is the 4 year anniversary

Farts and Pro 3 seems like the perfect way to celebrate it. So perfect, I'll be surprised if they don't do it.

I want Farts and Pro 3!

Alright this show definitely makes up for no Farts and Pro 3.

"Sounds like you need to have a sit-down about your respective vaginas."

Fantastic episode, and for the section about Mama Schaal alone deserves to be in the end-of-year top ten.

Also, am I the only person much more looking forward to the upcoming Wompler and Listler episode than Farts and Pro 3?

Also, am I the only person much more looking forward to the upcoming Wompler and Listler episode than Farts and Pro 3?

Nope!

JSC said it should be within the month in response to me asking on Twitter.

• Like 2

Count me in too. I enjoy the F&P gang, but I'll take Listler and Wompler any day!

Favorite line from Dr. Levine: "There's never a bad time to ask your mother about her vagina."

• Like 1

"Sounds like you need to have a sit-down about your respective vaginas."

Fantastic episode, and for the section about Mama Schaal alone deserves to be in the end-of-year top ten.

[Mantzoukas]

GUYS. WHY AREN'T WE ALL TALKING ABOUT THE MAMA SCHAAL VOICEMAIL MASHUP?

[/Mantzoukas]

Seriously, that was so awesome.

• Like 2

i was also very offended by Kristen's vagina comment and feel it only perpetrates the Beauty Myth that vagina's get worse with age. This is in fact untrue. If people saw pictures I wonder if they could tell the difference, or know what age it is? Maybe I will upload some pics and we can make a song about THAT. I still went out today and bought a ton of new anti-aging vagina products. Since the whole shaving craze started, everybody I know has no clue that women can grow hair down there and inside there all the time like nose hairs. And everyone acts so surprised that I bleech down there because God forbid if anyone knew that nature could leave giant brown stains.

i was also very offended by Kristen's vagina comment and feel it only perpetrates the Beauty Myth that vagina's get worse with age. This is in fact untrue. If people saw pictures I wonder if they could tell the difference, or know what age it is? Maybe I will upload some pics and we can make a song about THAT. I still went out today and bought a ton of new anti-aging vagina products. Since the whole shaving craze started, everybody I know has no clue that women can grow hair down there and inside there all the time like nose hairs. And everyone acts so surprised that I bleech down there because God forbid if anyone knew that nature could leave giant brown stains.

I don't know if the vagina deteriorates over time, but I know the taint doesn't because I listened to Kristen's performance of the Taint Monologues (well, Monologue).

Kristen Schaal's mom's message was pretty hilarious - I felt embarrassed for her! It reminds me of Woody Allen's parents in that documentary about him where they're talking about how he should have been a doctor

Kristen Schaal's mom's message was pretty hilarious - I felt embarrassed for her! It reminds me of Woody Allen's parents in that documentary about him where they're talking about how he should have been a doctor

my parents also wanted me to be a doctor, but the day i was supposed to walk up to the podium and pick up my doctor diploma, I decided to be a stunt man, and I have never looked back.