🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Damme it ALL

R.I.P.D. (2013)

I watched this on HBO the other night for the hell of it. I had remembered the critics hating it and it being a flop but thought, oh well, why not give it a go.

Holy bajeezas is this movie awful. I suggest, neigh, I demand it be on HDTGM!

The whole thing just feels wrong. The first thing you'll recognize is, "Wow, this is Men in Black, like, exactly Men in Black." The rest of the movie that unfolds in front of you and leaves you sitting there wondering WTF just happened.

If you were to tell me that I would be rooting for the deaths of both Ryan Reynolds' and Jeff Bridges' characters about 20 minutes in I wouldn't believe you, but I was (but they can't die...because they are dead...damn you RIPD!) You can easily tell both actors are embarrassed to be in this movie. Ryan, poor sweet Ryan, what the hell happened to your movie career :(

The humor is humorless, the effects look like they are from 1997, and the way the film moves along is so illogical I am convinced it was both written and filmed by a 10-year-old.

This is a must review for HDTGM.

I strongly feel this is the worst Ryan Reynolds movie.
Worse than Green Lantern and Blade Trinity

On 7/27/2013 at 8:43 PM, isaiaher said:

Oh man. Oh manohmanohmanohmanohmanohman.

I had to look up what movies had came out this summer to see if there was anything worse that those past 96 minutes (After Earth was that movie, but that's beside the point)

This...is bona fide HDTGM material. There was no sense of plot, of action, of direction. Things were just appearing on the screen with no explaination about what was going on. I could not, for the life of me, understand what the fuck Jeff Bridges was saying for the majority of the movie. The entire plan laid out by Kevin Bacon's character is unbelievable, there is a scene that I read in the Wikipedia synopsis that, I swear to God, never happened in this movie. The goddamn wife, the body avatars, Jeff Bridges eating fucking Indian Food, the fact that Indian Food is actually significant to the plot, it...it..

This is, simply put, a "What is Happening?" movie. We can wait for the DVDs, but this needs to be touched on eventually.

I also saw this in the theater when it came out. I think I had a mind-wipe similar to June because I remember nothing from it other than it was fucking awful. I would recommend it but I don’t think I could rewatch it.