🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 61 — Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot

E1FKgIa.png?1

Worm saluting the sun

You know there's a couple of outtakes where Estelle Getty alternately smacks, then caresses Stallone's ass.

It actually really bothers me when an actor bashes a film they made, especially a high-profile actor like Sylvester, who clearly had his CHOICE of films to do. Just own it. Or don't say anything and move onto the next one. I guess the previous year's "comedy" didn't do it for him?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102603/

Roger Ebert hated a lot of films, in fact, he filled a whole book with them [Your Movie Sucks] but what I love most about him is that he hates films that insults the intelligence of the audience.

I've also noticed that everyone is checking themselves when they start to interrupt one other, which I appreciate.

June has been killing it lately! Her comments here and the whole "What exactly is a street fighter?" discussion of the last episode made me very happy indeed. I barely noticed the guest after the first five minutes - Jason, Paul and June stole the show as a dynamic trio. Loved their insight.

Quick addition: When Estelle Getty calls the dispatcher because she's locked in the cop car, the cop IMMEDIATELY tells her to look for a slim jim (nevermind that he doesn't confirm her identity, or ask how she locked herself IN a car.) Somehow, he knows that pulling up the locks in the door won't work, so he goes right for the slim jim idea. Why doesn't he ask her "Oh, why don't you just pull up the lock?"

Great job, guys!

• Like 2

Wow this episode, like the last 6 or so, sucked. The show has devolved into all adverts, self promotion and no preparation. Wheres the insight? the love? the research? the reactions?

Sadly it feels like this is now just work for you guys and you pick the obvious movies a million podcasts have already done and done better with a guest who is more interesting in shilling their own projects than having any interest in the review. Remember the Sleepaway Camp episode.. that was great.. a movie few have seen is truly note worthy in it's awkward awfulness and you all had something to say about it.

Cut your losses and just do the live stuff where you excel with prepared material and you actually give a damn about the material and your audience once more.

You need to check your ears. The episodes have been great.

• Like 4

Nothing they're describing in the first few minutes sounds scary or disturbing to me. Gonzo toughness and disregard to violence is not some unique thing to this movie.

About the comment the stewardess makes to Stallone. What she did is called sarcasm. She wasn't hitting on him or fetishizing. She was making a sarcastic remark based on an embarrassing situation.

Don't Stop or My Mom Will Shoot! is the name of my Don't Stop or We'll Die cover band.

That's a great name. I'll have to consult with my band "Ditties in all the Right Places" about a name change... How many of us are there, I wonder?

I've found, say, the last six HDTGM episodes pretty great. This one was no exception. Jason, Paul and June are really firing on all cylinders, in my opinion.

I agree. I don't know what that other poster was talking about but I have enjoyed all the latest episodes, even if I didn't enjoy the movies. After listening to this one I realized that I had fallen asleep about half way through because I didn't remember most of what they were talking about. After rewatching it today I think they were all spot on with the commentary.

And if anybody would like to know why Jack & Jill is more than just a horrible movie, watch the Half In The Bag review of it on Youtube.

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead was the other famous "Don't" comedy of the 90's. And the actually pretty funny Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice In the Hood.

BTW, I do like the episode, I just thought it was weird how shocked June was by the gun stuff. She's like a year older than me and I haven't forgotten enough about this time period of movies to be even remotely surprised about Estelle Getty pointing a gun at someone's face.

• Like 1

SHIT someone turned off my computer. i am going to have to re edit it. it will be up by tommorow.

Take your time, Spencer. You're doing God's work.

• Like 1

Take your time, Spencer. You're doing God's work.

it will be up in about an hour. i just recovered the stuff. it didn't take that long to make

I think my favorite part of the episode was Jason's reaction to June and Paul's semi-endorsement of Off Their Rockers - "WHAT are you TALKING ABOUT?!"

Between the Woody Allen discussion, the Bynes-Lohan debate, and the aforementioned hilarity, this may have been the most divergent episode ever.

If someone could provide a screen cap of Sylvester and his kitchen decor, that would be fantastic. Or if you know approximately how far into the movie it happened, I can find it in Netflix.

here you go it might not be the best i only spent about an hour on it[/media]

This is so much more enjoyable than the actual movie.

• Like 2

hdtgm.gif

Great show, y'all.

I would just like to say that this is the greatest thing that has ever happened.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this