🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 61 — Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot

So Stallone was a homicide detective right? That was why his mother held back information from the police so he could catch the murderer himself and get a promotion. But he was also making undercover busts at the beginning of the film, which I'm guessing is part of a Vice department? And also he's a hostage negotiator....?

Maybe that'd make sense in a small town or something, but he's living in Los Angeles. Why is he doing every single job in the LAPD?

I'm surprised you didn't mention the scene where Sylvester gives his coworker a swirly.

I think they did. I'm pretty sure I remember them saying something about a grown man giving another grown man a swirlie.

• Like 1

I remember my cousin having a "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot" t-shirt that she wore unironically, but it might have been because she grew up poor...in Detroit...where it's not just a movie title, but a very real, very valid threat. Anyone seen that picture of young Eminem in an ALF t-shirt? It reminds me of that, only ALF was incredible.

The topic has come up several times recently on the show - I think it's time they do a Woody Allen movie. Nobody loves Allen's work more than me, but there are several films that would work on HDTGM. Scoop, Hollywood Ending and the dreadfully awful Cassandra's Dream come to mind!

Wow this episode, like the last 6 or so, sucked. The show has devolved into all adverts, self promotion and no preparation. Wheres the insight? the love? the research? the reactions?

Sadly it feels like this is now just work for you guys and you pick the obvious movies a million podcasts have already done and done better with a guest who is more interesting in shilling their own projects than having any interest in the review. Remember the Sleepaway Camp episode.. that was great.. a movie few have seen is truly note worthy in it's awkward awfulness and you all had something to say about it.

Cut your losses and just do the live stuff where you excel with prepared material and you actually give a damn about the material and your audience once more.

I thought you were 'Out' after Badass? Maybe revisit that stance.

• Like 4

I can't get over the fact that the best part of the podcast for me involved a Jack-O-Lantern and a Stallone Ass in the Air shot I never noticed. Those laughs were fucking amazing.

I will say, Thank God for Kate Spencer bringing up the Gun Control Debate, because when I was watching Estelle Getty point a gun in her face, at her son, and buying one off a truck, all I thought was "This could not get made today playing those off as jokes." It's relevant in the most horrific way.

But on to the serious matter. June DOES KNOW that Jack and Jill won Worst Picture at the Razzies, correct? I want to hear her defend not only that movie, but other Sandler movies. By which I mean That's My Boy, which they could talk about forever on this show.

Also, if anyone wants to see JBDubs at her finest, go see Poltergeist II: The Other Side. That shit is Bonkers.

Show was great. I still contend that Estelle Getty makes the movie work (You just made an enemy of the Golden Girls fanbase, June), Mockup Trailer was awesome, and literally the only episode I would consider "Not the Best" would be Spice World, but out of personal preference if anything. These Guys are funny 24/7

I had never heard of Scoop before this, and thought Jason somehow believed Woody Allen directed The Prestige.
I thought the EXACT same thing...
  • Like 1

I had never heard of Scoop before this, and thought Jason somehow believed Woody Allen directed The Prestige.

Have you ever wanted to see Scarlett Johansson play the 'Woody Allen role'? If so, 'Scoop' is for you!

also that it was a bad movie i guess??? it was very confusing but i cant be expected to know about woody allen movies as i am a four year old cat irl.

• Like 1

Have you ever wanted to see Scarlett Johansson play the 'Woody Allen role'? If so, 'Scoop' is for you!

What do you mean by play the "Woody Allen role"? Does she don a khaki-colored hat, coke bottle glasses and mumble a lot? Does she start a sexual relationship with her ex-wife's adopted child?

I thought the EXACT same thing...

There were two Victorian-era England magician movies that came out around the same time. One was with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman and the other was with Ed Norton. The one with Bale/Jackman turned out to be an ok movie with a good twist at the end.

What do you mean by play the "Woody Allen role"? Does she don a khaki-colored hat, coke bottle glasses and mumble a lot? Does she start a sexual relationship with her ex-wife's adopted child?

Watch the movie and find out.

...but i cant be expected to know about woody allen movies as i am a four year old cat irl.

You type good for a cat.

Jack and Jill BETTER be the next movie.

I noticed that too, but I felt like June was on fire this episode so I didn't mind so much.

True. She does have a seriously hilarious perspective.

Yes, she pretty much does in 'Scoop.'

No, but she inquires about The Murphy Group constantly...

• Like 1

Scarlett Johannson is kind of like movie wallpaper. She is neither good nor especially bad, she just occupies space and eventually you'll forget she's even there.

• Like 1

someone pleeeeeeeese cut up some horror trailer with silly rag-time music...

imhatch = awesome_animals_211.jpg

Sign in to follow this