🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 23 — Anybody's Game

How did you allow a player to roll a paladin without choosing a deity?! pfft. Where were his divine powers coming from? haha

Gotta know if any of that was prethought or just Sark plot-armoring Gerry.

How did you allow a player to roll a paladin without choosing a deity?! pfft. Where were his divine powers coming from? haha

I believe that Glishmore is more worshipped than any diety for Gerry's Pally, but that wouldn't work exactly for the way he's saving their asses from the fire.

Sark.. you couldn't send Sir Richard back from the spirit realm with a spirit bear? You really dropped the ball on that shit.

Maybe Sark just forgot to mention the lady speaking to Sir Richard was, in fact, a spirit bear.

images.jpg

"It's not yet your time sir richard......"

• Like 5

Maybe Sark just forgot to mention the lady speaking to Sir Richard was, in fact, a spirit bear.

images.jpg

"It's not yet your time sir richard......"

'And it's only when she gets fairly close to you that you notice the horse she's riding is levitating slightly above the ground... And is being ridden by a bear.'

• Like 5

Thats why I still wear the W.W.S.D. bracelet. NEVER FORGET.

Brian - "a lot of nerds are going to be pissed off."

He's a prophet. Sparklet (or spark-LET as token girl says) better get reformed! He is a hero! Or maybe he can go to Glenishmore heaven with Sir Richards limbs.

Seriously this had the feel of everything going wrong but Sark doing his best do keep the group alive for the narrative sake. Which is awesome!

The part in fantasy Glinish Moore was fantastic....even more because I think he made it up on the spot.

I don't think Sark made this up on the spot--well, at least not most of it. A few episodes back, when Sparklet was explaining the issue, he said that the planes unbalancing was upsetting a deity, and hinted that they had to correct it before it really pissed off the deity. So, I think he knew something like this was coming, it was just really lucky that Sir Douche managed to die first because that makes sense for his character.

So, really I think he put them in way over their heads on purpose. He had to know shit was going to go wrong. If they had just gone down there, killed the king in 4-5 rounds, punched some guards, and booked while Sparklet pulled a Jesus, it wouldn't have been too believable, or rather, believable that they were messing with something way over their heads.

Or shit, maybe Sark just made it all up right then. Either way, he's a badass and I'm in love with him.

No seriously.

This podcast if FUCKING awesome.

Not sure if this has been done or suggested. I am only at episode 6.

BUT, Brian, you should, no you have to have guest players every once and a while. Would love to hear Patton sing, etc.

AND you should have a contest to allow one of us listeners to be a guest player---maybe a one time NPC shows up to help/hurt the group. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE---if i won I would so love to play an hour or so with you guys---and gal!!!

Ill bring the single malt and hard cider!!!

AND you should have a contest to allow one of us listeners to be a guest player---maybe a one time NPC shows up to help/hurt the group. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE---if i won I would so love to play an hour or so with you guys---and gal!!!

I hear the cramped fartbox is lovely this time of year.

• Like 3

Well, you're not required to choose a deity in version 2, unless I'm mistaken. So it might just be another of the many version 4 oversights.

I don't think Sark made this up on the spot--well, at least not most of it. A few episodes back, when Sparklet was explaining the issue, he said that the planes unbalancing was upsetting a deity, and hinted that they had to correct it before it really pissed off the deity. So, I think he knew something like this was coming, it was just really lucky that Sir Douche managed to die first because that makes sense for his character.

So, really I think he put them in way over their heads on purpose. He had to know shit was going to go wrong. If they had just gone down there, killed the king in 4-5 rounds, punched some guards, and booked while Sparklet pulled a Jesus, it wouldn't have been too believable, or rather, believable that they were messing with something way over their heads.

I don't see this as Sark "saving them for plot purposes" necessarily. It's a special situation involving Sir Richard, that makes sense within the narrative. I'm sure that if any of the characters had died before Sir RIchard, he (or she!) would be dead for good. I'm sure there is still a good chance of one or more of them dying next week.

• Like 1

Does anybody else think we're about to find out that this whole game is taking place in an office water cooler?

• Like 1

Haha I know! This was actually just the result of an extreme hustle to get Gerry back in the game when he was available, resulting in a character that was more fully realized in Gerry's mind than he was on the page. Followed up by no-time to polish the character up between the couple sessions that he's been back. Gerry had actually described what his deity was like when we worked him in, but we hadn't lined it up yet with the books :/ Ah well, this stuff works itself out eventually. Silly oversight :)

• Like 1

'And it's only when she gets fairly close to you that you notice the horse she's riding is levitating slightly above the ground... And is being ridden by a bear.'

LOL. The holy trinity. Lady-On-A-Horse-On-A-Bear. In the air. Separate but the same.

• Like 1

D&D is a thing that never piqued my interest, but this podcast is definitely changing that. Hearing you guys adventures really makes me want to get some friends together and have some adventures of our own.

I have to say Mildred is my favorite character, she's smart and compassionate but also a badass when she needs to be.

Great episode, that cliffhanger was agonizing. Glad Sir Richard isn't done for YET.

So glad that Sir Richard has an opportunity to save millions of people on thousands of worlds. Pretty boring and empty universe. Honestly though, that was a great turn, as I like Gerry and want him to continue playing. I have been clenching my fists while driving, waiting for the shot that takes Lord Noral down. Argh, and they keep missing. Love this episode, and this cast. Great work.

In reference to the T Shirt...gotta have a Brown Julius promo on there somewhere.

• Like 1

Keep up the good work guys...there is NO other weekly "thing" that I look forward to other than NP.

The name "Glennishmoore" sounds like a Glen Beck commune established to wait out the blackpocalypse with stockpiles of cookie dough ice cream and gold.

I prefer the "Glinnishmore" spelling.

Popped "Glinishmore" into an anagram finder out of curiousity.

Hore Smiling

Hero Smiling

Moles Hiring

Girlish Omen

I Mis Leghorn

I Ho Gremlins

Single Ho Rim

His Minor Leg <-

Longer Him Is

His Germ Loin

• Like 2

Blaine's ads don't usually crack me up, but the spider one was gold.

creepy creepy creepy

• Like 1

Mildred's thumbs-up is actually a far more potent curse than anything Blackee Green can muster.

• Like 1

This is why I love Sark, he's like the king midas of the internet. And for some reason I'm starting to really like ken, just sayin'

• Like 1

Popped "Glinishmore" into an anagram finder out of curiousity.

Hore Smiling

Hero Smiling

Moles Hiring

Girlish Omen

I Mis Leghorn

I Ho Gremlins

Single Ho Rim

His Minor Leg <-

Longer Him Is

His Germ Loin

So the actual spelling is Glennishmoore I think

And this gave me an idea...

Heeling Morons

if only it was heAling morons, it would be so damn perfect!

I wouldn't put it past them.