🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 217 — The WTF Hour

Lock the gates! We have an incredible one on one, getting into the actors pain interview with Marc Maron of the WTF podcast on today’s special Thursday episode of Comedy Bing Bong! Marc tells us what we can expect on his new show “Maron,” takes us through his past TV deals, and shares what advice he would give to a younger Marc Maron. Will things get deep enough to make Marc shed tears? Tune in to find out!

Well, I said that I would be surprised if this wasn't Farts & Pro, but I am surprised. For multiple reasons.

Not a bad surprise, mind you. This episode definitely looks interesting. I like that Scott is taking the show in new directions.

B-b-b-b-bonus!! Can't wait to hear this, the last one with maron was awesome. How does scott have time for b-b-b-b-bonus episodes while he's filming the tv show??

• Like 1

Well, I said that I would be surprised if this wasn't Farts & Pro, but I am surprised. For multiple reasons.

Not a bad surprise, mind you. This episode definitely looks interesting. I like that Scott is taking the show in new directions.

I imagine it's being saved for a Monday episode whereas more atypical one's are put on Thursday.

I hope Scott appears on WTF again but gets interrupted by a load of characters.

• Like 4

I hope Scott appears on WTF again but gets interrupted by a load of characters.

That's an excellent idea: Scott appears on WTF in order to make a Todd Glass-esque "big announcement," but things go awry when Don Dimello haplessly wanders into Marc Maron's garage. Hilarity ensues.

• Like 8

Haven't listened yet, but so hoping they get into their Margaret Cho Eskimo brotherhood... (listen to the latest WTF if you haven't yet -- it's a cracker).

This is more of a b-b-b-b-bonus episode of WTF than it is a b-b-b-b-bonus episode of CBB.

• Like 1

A wee bit b-b-b-b-b-oring as well, but that's okay. Can't all be winners.

For some reason, I imagine MM as the comedy-podcast equivalent of a warped painting in Scott's attic. But, instead of accreted Wildean ugliness and immorality, it's just all of Aukerman's suppressed grumpiness and sobriety which accumulates on my mental picture of Mark. In that sense, I really value him: as a kind of exhaust, preserving the Choctaw's funpurity.

I'm pretty sure my characterisation is completely unfair. Perhaps this b-b-b-bonus episode will make that clear.

my darkest memory is of being 9 months pregnant and playing in the 1969 ncaa women's basketball championships when I landed awkwardly after missing the game winning shot and blew out my entire lower body and every mind in the stadium. Despite my mind bending injury and the sheer terror it was creating, the real pain was watching the other team celebrate, and also having to watch women's basketball...and not playing it, because that's more fun.

• Like 1

I would happily listen to a podcast where these gentlemen shot the shit once a week, perhaps over some sort of light meal.

Potential titles:

Dining with Scott and Maron

Marc & Scott Eat Snacks

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

Y'know what, nevermind.

• Like 2

Yesss! This ruled my brains and bones and veins and face!

That was actually one of the better "Would You Rather"'s that I've heard in a while. Maron approached entirely absurd premises with a certain degreee of seriousness and gravitas, which made the absurdity all the more hilarious.

If you haven't seen James Adomian's "Maron in Space" short films, get thee to the internet immediately. Just google "Maron in Space" on Bing (or vice-versa). They're fucking funny as hell. (This is a Maron thread, so I'm obliged to use the F word at least once). Marc himself is in one of the Adomian things. And the preview episode of the IFC show on YouTube was A++. Fuckin' funny, dude. Lock the gates!!

I've been listening to Marc since the Air America days, and it's nice to see him getting this victory lap. Makes me feel better about the world.

• Like 2

It was a good would you rather - but I was disappointed that Scott didn't go on about what kind of horrors would exist in a world where people thought the new star wars movies were better than the old. He mentioned they'd all be morons, but left it there - that was a comedy goldmine missed!

Will check out Maron in Space...

• Like 1

Expecting Marón will take the telenovela to a whole new level.

Oh cool, an episode of a podcast where Marc talks about himself for an hour!

(Not sarcasm)

It was a nice change of pace episode with a good 'would you rather' segment... Plus most of these bonus eps are plugging something specific anyway so I expected it. I heard Seth Morris is in Maron's show, which gives me another reason to check it out.