🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 218 — The 4th Anniversary Extravaganza!

Glad you felt the need to create an account just to say that. Go away.

Anyway, incredible episode...quite possibly my favorite CBB ever. David Wain never disappoints, I love how quick he is to glob on to bits and keep talking to the point where it's almost utter nonsense. PFT as MTJ was just as good this time around. Zukes didn't have a whole lot to do but he just plays so well off of everyone and adds so much, so he kept me laughing.

The Bachelor Boys almost made me pee my pants. They need to come back. They NEED to.

Wompler and Traci quite clearly get MVP, so glad that we got to hear them interact with each other so soon...I smell a budding friendship in there somewhere. I'd be glad to take either of them to Da Prom.

Thanks to Scott, Jeff and the entire Earwolf gang...IT'S BEEN a great 4 years and I look forward to hearing 4 more years of Earwolf gold.

\

WOMP IT UP and of course, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

Sorry "Washington monugent". I didn't realize you were policing this forum to keep it as a mutual-admiration-society. I didn't know about the rules of CBB being beyond reproach or critique.

I'll "go away" now so as not to offend your delicate sensibilities.

Glad to hear you only ALMOST peed your pants. Phew!

WOMP IT UP, MY WIIIFFE

(Lol, rotfl, :), omg, etc.)

Sorry "Washington monugent". I didn't realize you were policing this forum to keep it as a mutual-admiration-society. I didn't know about the rules of CBB being beyond reproach or critique.

People react differently to someone bringing up criticisms if it's does in an unnecessarily insulting manner.

First episode I've ever listened to twice in the same day.

There was so much in this episode that I couldn't possibly absorb it all with one listen.

Amazing.

The "What's Up Hotdog?" Memorial Plugs theme was amazing too.

I'll "go away" now so as not to offend your delicate sensibilities.

Glad to hear you only ALMOST peed your pants. Phew!

WOMP IT UP, MY WIIIFFE

(Lol, rotfl, :), omg, etc.)

I don't mind healthy critiquing of things as long as it's constructive. Your criticisms offered nothing, you just whined and complained.

Not everyone needs to enjoy each episode or even CBB at all but if you feel the need to create an account on the forums, solely to complain about how "bad" you think it is, then yes, I want you to go away. Most people here would want you to go away.

Oh and I don't have delicate sensibilities...you're just a cunt and internet douchebags like yourself have no place here. ;)

• Like 1

Oh and I don't have delicate sensibilities...you're just a cunt and internet douchebags like yourself have no place here.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury.... I rest my case.

I've noticed more and more trollish posts in the last six months. It's a bummer in one way, but also trolls arrive on the scene when something is gaining popularity. And clearly CBB has become more popular than ever in the last year.

I think some people don't feel the need to speak out unless they're upset about stuff. And people don't realize that they're pooping on peoples' parade - they're used to getting free entertainment, so they don't really realize this show is done for free by the guests, and it's total improv, bound to be hit or miss, and the fact that it's 90% incredible kind of doesn't sink in...

I think some people don't feel the need to speak out unless they're upset about stuff. And people don't realize that they're pooping on peoples' parade - they're used to getting free entertainment, so they don't really realize this show is done for free by the guests, and it's total improv, bound to be hit or miss, and the fact that it's 90% incredible kind of doesn't sink in...

Ok... I clearly haven't figured out how to quote other posts yet. I'm old.

Johnnyhagis makes a fair point and articulated it well. The Simpsons did a great episode on this... All the people who complain about the Years of free network entertainment.

That's fair. BUT regardless of whether its free or not does not exempt you from critique. Once one puts their art out in the pop culture ethos it's fair game for praise and criticism, is it not?

Now as for this "troll" bullshit, let me be clear (whether you choose to believe this or not) I've listened to every CBB for the last 4 years, followed comedy death ray before that and mr. Show before that.

Even great improvisers need to be aware of stepping on people's jokes and fighting for airtime. Listen to it again and tell me I'm wrong, but even PFT made mention of the cross talk.

Still think I'm wrong? Cool. Articulate it. Don't call me a "cunt" and a "douchebag". Is that really how this forum rolls?

Or do whatever you want... What am I, your mother?

That's fair. BUT regardless of whether its free or not does not exempt you from critique. Once one puts their art out in the pop culture ethos it's fair game for praise and criticism, is it not?

Now as for this "troll" bullshit, let me be clear (whether you choose to believe this or not) I've listened to every CBB for the last 4 years, followed comedy death ray before that and mr. Show before that.

I think the issue people are taking is that in all the time this forum has existed, you never cared enough to come in and compliment or discuss anything before, and now you suddenly have the urge to come in and criticize something (and specifically something that's not entirely unique to this episode)? A lot of us criticize things that we think aren't up to par, but it carries more weight when it's balanced out with deserved praise. I don't really like when people reflexively jump on anyone who criticizes the shows, but this is a case where I can absolutely see where they're coming from.

I've been listening to CBB since late '11 but I've never made an account here. But I had to register to give Scott and co. props for this episode. The big gathering shows are always fun but tend to leave a lot of threads dangling because they have to move on to the next guest/set of guests, but this one managed to follow through on everything. I thought Wain shined much more than he did on the episode where he brought in his family, and the Wompler/Traci feud built to a great place. I didn't think it could get any funnier until Rust and Campbell showed up.

And I actually thought the cross talk was way less than a problem than it can sometimes be on these kinds of episodes, since as someone else said, everyone was quick to support each other instead of rushing nonstop for the best line. CBB's been killing it this year already, but this is G.O.A.T. material. I'll be replaying this one for a while.

• Like 1

What does G.O.A.T mean?

For the trolling/criticizing issue - I also like to criticize stuff (I think it's actually useful for the performers to some extent), but official forums are usually not the place for that - Scott reads this sometimes and he gets offended cause the guests are all his friends and they all put a lot of talent and work into making this, and there's probably not a ton of money in it. I think in a forum like this some criticizing can pass if it seems like the intent isn't just negative i.e. "ew I hate this guest, so annoying" etc versus - this isn't one of X's best characters, it's not really well thought out, needs work". Imagine the performers are all people you know, how would you talk about them?

What does G.O.A.T mean?

Greatest of all time.

Spirit Bear is right.

1368110367124.gif

Greatest of all time.

Spirit Bear is right.

1368110367124.gif

I almost choked on my fish skeleton when I saw this GIF.

• Like 1

What does G.O.A.T mean?

Greatest of all time, or in photo definition:

michael-jordan.jpg

I think the issue people are taking is that in all the time this forum has existed, you never cared enough to come in and compliment or discuss anything before, and now you suddenly have the urge to come in and criticize something (and specifically something that's not entirely unique to this episode)? A lot of us criticize things that we think aren't up to par, but it carries more weight when it's balanced out with deserved praise. I don't really like when people reflexively jump on anyone who criticizes the shows, but this is a case where I can absolutely see where they're coming from.

Ok I get the deal now. This forum is more like an exclusive club where you need to "do your time", mind your p's and q's and ease into the first few years with nothing but compliments. Got it. Geez, I hope Scott and his friends don't read this.

Ok I get the deal now. This forum is more like an exclusive club where you need to "do your time", mind your p's and q's and ease into the first few years with nothing but compliments. Got it. Geez, I hope Scott and his friends don't read this.

That's also not it. The majority of your comment was "At least it makes for a white-noise hour that will help you fall asleep. I know comedians are competitive but holy shit, what is this?... Doug Loves Movie?" which is simultaneously just insulting CBB and DLM. Think in terms of a roast: people trying to get a laugh by making fun of people they know/love. If you're just meeting an overweight person for the first time, do you really think making a fat joke will make them laugh?

My point is that polite criticism is much more appreciated, and has a better chance of being properly considered, rather than a derisive judgement. Although that derisive judgement is better at getting a reaction from people, which I think was what you ultimately wanted.

• Like 3

It's all in the approach. If I get an unsatisfactory meal while dining out I could throw the plate on the floor and ask the waiter why he served me diarrhea, or I could just let him know that the food was overcooked and ask if I could get something else.

• Like 1