🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

HDTGM Voting Site is HERE - For Your Inconsideration

New poll up now!

The theme is #thezeropercent, or movies that have achieved a 0% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

If you have something nice to say about any of these, I'm afraid you're all alone on this one. Not even notorious hack critic Schmucky McBribedalot at Home Video Reviewz could bring himself to defend "Ed".

(Thanks to Shannon for putting this poll together!)

Go forth and perform your civic duty!

Note: General website performance fixes to be deployed sometime tomorrow.

• Like 1

Also, we'll have a "Past Results" page up on the site soon, but for all you archivists out there, here are the final tallies from the previous poll:

poll1results.png

I'm kind of surprised Space Jam beat out Howard the Duck, but maybe most of the people voting on the intertubes are younger than me and were never exposed to Howard the Duck. Oddly, both movies involve fighting aliens and have a scene with a duck in a shower cap.

Some fixes are live! Like:

• Recommendations page now sorts and paginates properly. It's so fast... no more timeouts. Hooray!

• Tags — we shouldn't have as much of a problem with fraudulent tags, because there's now a value system added to tagging. Multiple users can now give a movie the same tag, and that movie will need to be given the same tag at least twice for it to show on its page. So go in and "second" some tags!

• Also, why isn't Ed getting more votes? I wasn't exactly given an ethics pamphlet on this, so I don't know how impartial I'm supposed to be, but I'd like to put my all my dirty campaign dollars behind Ed. Mostly so that I finally have an excuse to watch it and find out whether or not Matt LeBlanc can give a better acting performance than a chimpanzee.

Thanks again to Shariq for these enhancements, and there's always more cool stuff to come.

• Like 3

Has anyone tried to add my suggested titles yet to the database? :mellow:

Anyone else seen Bad Boy Bubby? It's not a bad film, far from it - I think it's some kind of masterpiece - but it's so chuffing mental that I just can't believe it got made at all. Any thoughts? I think it'd make a fantastic episode. I may be on my own there, but there you go...

I've never heard of it but I'm sure others have, this isn't the place to start a discussion on it though. Go ahead and start a thread on it in Bad Movie Recommendations and I'm sure there will be some people who have seen it.

Also recommend it at fyi.earwolf.com if you haven't already.

are straight to dvd movies out of bounds for HDTGM?

cause i just saw christmas vacation 2: uncle eddies island adventure and its fucking BANANAS

Anyone else seen Bad Boy Bubby? It's not a bad film, far from it - I think it's some kind of masterpiece - but it's so chuffing mental that I just can't believe it got made at all. Any thoughts? I think it'd make a fantastic episode. I may be on my own there, but there you go...

I've seen it. Pretty disturbing. It could make for an interesting ep; but I don't think that is known enough for one. I feel like the days of episodes that focus on random, seldom heard of movies like The Room are behind us.

Who is the wiseguy who suggested "Birth of a Nation"?? I know it was one of you goofballs, just admit you did it.

This is going to sound like a logical question but does the FYI page count how many times we vote on a none selected movies on the list. like say we all vote for meat balls on that site will it show that?

Like if I tell people to vote for a movie that is not on the list will it get counted.?

I'm not super sure what you're asking jarrycanada...

But, you can only vote for the movies on the poll on the right hand side of the home page. I create the polls manually, so even if everyone suggested meat balls 2 50 times it wouldn't just magically appear on the poll.

Also, you can vote for all 10 movies on the poll if you want, but you can only vote for each once.

Does that answer your question maybe?

In case anyone needs to know, winner of #thezeropercent was It's Pat, which should be good to go (Unless it's just TOO Bad to do, or the gang is somehow needs the approval of Tim Meadows or Kathy Griffin)

Sorry Shannon,

Stupied spell checker stops working on me, it gets blocked by my adblock in my browser and then I don't notice.

how are these movies being selected? because they are not films that we are discussing here?

The last two polls have been themed. Ten choices from one of the hashtags used to categorize the selections. Last time was #thezeropercent (0% on Rotten Tomatoes) and currently it's #soresports (Sports themed movies)

The first poll was based on most popular forum topics, and I'll do another one of those again soon. Just trying to keep things rotating so it isn't the same 20 movies being voted on all the time.

The final tally of the last poll for those interested...

j0h2mt.jpg

New poll is up! From RT list of "worst reviewed summer movies"

and here are the results of the last round...

fodjc4.jpg

Question: Does anyone contact Paul about the results of these? Just wondering because I'm picturing a scenario where all the results just pile up unused.

Question: Does anyone contact Paul about the results of these? Just wondering because I'm picturing a scenario where all the results just pile up unused.

I have zero control over Paul and what he does or does not do with FYI. But I'm going to keep it updated because we worked hard damn it.

• Like 2

are straight to dvd movies out of bounds for HDTGM?

cause i just saw christmas vacation 2: uncle eddies island adventure and its fucking BANANAS

I heard on at least one episode that those aren't done, that it has to be released theatrically at one point, but I'm only 40 episodes in just found out about it.

Shannon, I couldn't find the polls. Are they not always posted? Wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Front page on the right hand side is the poll. You click on the thumbs down next to the title to vote. There's only one up at a time and it's only on the front page. good luck!

I have zero control over Paul and what he does or does not do with FYI. But I'm going to keep it updated because we worked hard damn it.

Yes, please keep it updated, the site is amazing. But it is a little frustrating to be on the fourth poll now and see that only one film has actually been discussed on the show (Howard The Duck, 3rd place in the first poll). I would guess that time constraints are probably the biggest reason for this neglect (new full episodes are every other week and it seems like a new poll pops up after about a month, so it would be really hard for the gang to keep up unless they're choosing exclusively from the polls).

• Like 1

Yes, please keep it updated, the site is amazing. But it is a little frustrating to be on the fourth poll now and see that only one film has actually been discussed on the show (Howard The Duck, 3rd place in the first poll). I would guess that time constraints are probably the biggest reason for this neglect (new full episodes are every other week and it seems like a new poll pops up after about a month, so it would be really hard for the gang to keep up unless they're choosing exclusively from the polls).

I agree. I think there should be a little more involvement with the site, but it could be a timing issue, especially if they are trying to get someone connected to the movie to be on a particular episode.

• Like 1