đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
Damme it ALL

Soul Man (1986)

220px-Soulmanposter.jpg

Okay this movie was a disaster. It really went off the rails into a crater filled with explosives

It was just wrong in soooo many ways. I would love to hear what the guys have to say about this one.

This is a must do movie. I would love to hear what the gang would have to say about this awkward attempt at social commentary.

Have they seriously not done this one? C. Thomas Howell's career is a goldmine...

Bumping this one because it’s a “comedy” (and I’m using that term lightly) whose entire story is predicated on a spoiled white dude in blackface. Not just for one scene, but for a considerable amount of the film’s running time. And (Spoiler Alert!) the main character gets a slap on the wrist in the end when he gets caught!

Based on the premise alone, this movie has to get covered. It is a legitimate "How Did This Get Made?" question, who thought this was a good idea to create? If anything its too controversial for the podcast to do right now. Or the perfect time to do it, one or the other. 

I really feel this is one of the ultimate How the f@$& did this get made lol. So crazy that it appeared to make decent $ in theaters but meh those were the crazy 80s lol.

Sign in to follow this