🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 24 — For Glinishmore and Bahamut!

Lord Noral seemed to have the upper hand as Sparklett sacrificed himself to save our heroes and Sir Richard met his demise under a ton of water. However, by some unknown power, a shining Sir Richard materializes with new glowing limbs and a look of determination on his face. Could this be the second wind our heroes need to finally end this battle? It’s an episode you won’t want to miss!

HOLY SHIT I guessed half of the title correctly. As I sat at my computer to open iTunes and refresh my podcast subscriptions I was like, "I bet this week's episode will be entitled 'For Glinishmore.'"

Love that Bahamut is on there too, of course. I don't know about D&D Bahamut, but the name is well-traveled in Final Fantasy games.

• Like 2

HOLY SHIT I guessed half of the title correctly. As I sat at my computer to open iTunes and refresh my podcast subscriptions I was like, "I bet this week's episode will be entitled 'For Glinishmore.'"

Love that Bahamut is on there too, of course. I don't know about D&D Bahamut, but the name is well-traveled in Final Fantasy games.

Shamelessly ripping off D&D is a long-established Final Fantasy tradition. The original was the most blatant about it--the monster list is basically the Dungeons and Dragons bestiary, with only a few small alterations. They even had to change the names of several enemies to avoid getting sued in the American release.

Final Fantasy's Bahamut is loosely faithful to the D&D Bahamut, in that he is a dragon god who is on the side of good and order.

I'm shocked at the outcome of this episode. I loved it, but I did not expect everything to turn out so well.

• Like 1

I was freaking out when I thought that Mildred was going to die.

That wasn't Bahumat that showed up, I thought it was a water elemental god.

• Like 2

Sark's rift closing sound effect was adorable. I just want to hear a mash-up track of all of his noises.

• Like 1

I was freaking out when I thought that Mildred was going to die.

Agreed. My threat to riot if she dies still stands. I will flip over my own car and set it on fire.

• Like 5

Brian, you just unleashed a whole new breed of fanartist with your confession to Mildred.

• Like 3

Well it happened, this podcast drove my friends and I to play DnD, I just hope I can figure out how to DM as well as Sark

• Like 1

this podcast never ceases to make me gasp. when sarah rolled a 99 % botch i stopped what i was doing and intently listened with genuine dread in my heart. when it seemed as if gerry would loose another character i was saddened and feared another 6-8 weeks without him in the dynamic. when blaine proposed the idea of "brown julius", i wept openly. and today i sat with my mouth agape at the idea of a male barbarian warrior and a female dwarvin warrior engaging in what i can only assume to be passionless, sweaty and awkward grinding of their genitalia as they drew their final breaths hoping to leave this mortal coil in mutual orgasm with little fear. thank you nerd poker. thank you.

• Like 3

But seriously folks it's pretty rad they got a spaceship.

That was my thought after the episode ended. I was going to ask what we think the ship looked like but then I remembered. It's probably a dick.

• Like 1

I was disappointed with Sark’s description of what happened to Amarth & Mildred while trapped in the water world. Not that they survived or that it was hokey or anything but it was just kinda…boring and not told very well. After the two separation sequences for Naked Druid Bear Man (forgetting the character’s name) & Sir Richard perhaps anything was going to be a letdown but that sequence took long and he said little in a tortured way. Brian echoed my sentiments afterwards when he tried to reset after the commercial by going “Alright we’re back and…what the fuck happened?”

I look forward to this podcast every week, and it is one of two LISTENABLE Dungeons & Dragons real-play podcasts that I’ve been able to find. The other is the Acquisitions Inc. stuff and that’s every couple of years or so.

I noticed last week Gerry mentione D&D ignoring them. I’m curious what would be the reason for that.

Hell ya! Every week this is one of my most anticipated events. Going to have to give this a listen later tonight. You guys and gal keep it up! You're adventure rules Sark. Brian and friends, yall are too funny. You're all creating something amazing.

Told you... it was a sidequest! But damn, I didn't expect this glorious outcome!

On a sidenote;

Babylon 5 Spoilers (yeah!): Sark, Sir Richard = John Sheridan? :P

It drives me nuts when these guys find a room full of loot, and they always save it for the next episode. :D If it was me, the loot would be my first priority. It's my favorite part.

• Like 1

What you guys really need are ballads that are written by Patton Oswalt, but performed by Leonard Nimoy.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this