🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

The Fifth Element (1997)

The damned French and their paraphilias.

That has to be so fucking uncomfortable for everyone when you are having an affair with someone on set. I never see how those things start up anyway. It only takes about a month or so to shoot a movie. You mean to tell me that your relationship can't last being apart for four weeks?

I like to imagine it was like Liz & Dick, where they were running from trailer to trailer while Benny Hill music played.

• Like 1

So what happened with Jovovich two years later then, she got too old?

That or she woke up one day and thought, 'What the fuck was I thinking?'

I like to imagine it was like Liz & Dick, where they were running from trailer to trailer while Benny Hill music played.

Ahh, poor Boots Randolph, always relegated to "that Benny Hill music". That song is Yakety Sax, though you probably knew that. You can pick up his records in the cheap bins; they're fun to throw on at parties for a bit.

Here's a neat one -- Cracklin' Sax, a variation on Yakety Sax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2DG81w88ng

Ahh, poor Boots Randolph, always relegated to "that Benny Hill music". That song is Yakety Sax, though you probably knew that. You can pick up his records in the cheap bins; they're fun to throw on at parties for a bit.

Yeah, I've found that saying 'Benny Hill music' saves time because when I say 'Yakety Sax' there's a good chance I'll be greeted with a look of confusion.

Here's a neat one -- Cracklin' Sax, a variation on Yakety Sax.

He and his estate are probably very happy. They get mechanical royalties each time the song is played, so they're making out pretty good. But I'm sure when a young Boots first picked up the saxophone, he wasn't thinking his largest hit would be because of a British comedian.

Chris Tucker's character is offensive in such a particularly pure way.  Not because he is so grossly over-acting, but on some basic animal level of hammy that he tapped into within the reptilian subconscious.Edit: Does anyone even understand WHERE the president's 'room' was located, or who half the people were? Why did the president's character even exist? Why did alot of things even exist in this film? Why was the priest standing by in the President's inner-sanctum/possibly spaceship/possibly underground bunker to give some plot convenient prescient advice...yet was totally side-swiped by the appearance of the fifth element on his doorstep? The first feat is much more unlikely than the second one, especially once given the first, the second seems a given...

Pointless Luke Perry cameo. His character exists for no reason other than to have a shoe-horned Luke Perry cameo well past the point that 90210 was relevant. They also wrote his irrelevant character in to be a douche. Initially, it might appear that he botched events that lead towards the event of the film, but infact the events of the film were always going to happen. He is strictly there to be Luke Perry...and an irredeemable douche.

So what happened with Jovovich two years later then, she got too old?

From Roger Ebert's review of Besson's "The Messenger":

Besson has cast Milla Jovovich as his Joan. She was his wife at the time they started shooting. They have since split--although he says they would still be together if they could only have made movies 365 days a year, a statement that may provide more insight than he intended.
  • Like 2

Mark me down too! LOVE this movie!

It looks so amazing... and yet, doesn't really have any true depth. It gets by on looks and charm... but does it so well, I don't mind in the least!

I gotta bump this only for the fact that Funko has realized the love that this movie gets by creating a line of Pop figures for the movie featuring the key characters, and for Tucker's character they did give it the dick pompadour.

61vR8QDim2L._SL1168_.jpg

Sign in to follow this