🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jdjackson

Death Bed: The Bed That Eats

I couldn't find another recommendation for this, but it's a must watch. This movie is absolutely BONKERS. In every conceivable way. Please, please, please check this terrible movie out.

What initially shocked me about this movie was how artsy it was. Impressively so at times, I felt. It strangely dabbles in impressionism, but then the acting's lousy and the humor out of place (SPOILER: The bed eats a person and then swallows a bottle of Pepto Bismol to settle its "stomach").

The whole movie's on YouTube, so now you can finally see what Patton Oswalt was talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE45groHd6Q

What initially shocked me about this movie was how artsy it was. Impressively so at times, I felt. It strangely dabbles in impressionism, but then the acting's lousy and the humor out of place (SPOILER: The bed eats a person and then swallows a bottle of Pepto Bismol to settle its "stomach").

The whole movie's on YouTube, so now you can finally see what Patton Oswalt was talking about.

Where the hell are you all finding these obscure movies? I can't believe that any of you have this in your DVD collection. I doubt a movie of this caliber would have an anniversary Blu-Ray release.

Where the hell are you all finding these obscure movies? I can't believe that any of you have this in your DVD collection. I doubt a movie of this caliber would have an anniversary Blu-Ray release.

There's many blogs, podcasts, and some torrent sites dedicated to bad/obscure/z-movies (not to mention older print zines). And there's many infamous bonkers movies that pretty much only exist as video files that someone recorded off an old VHS or out of print DVD. Like how Gymkata was one of these for the longest time until Warner Bros had a "what should we put out on DVD" web poll in 2006 and movie nerds got it in there; now it's available for all in its glory.

But yeah, people keep recommending all these films that are definitely bad/fun/hdtgm (Death Bed, Riki Oh, Hawk Jones, Hard Rock Zombies, etc etc) but are really too obscure and niche for this podcast. There's hundreds of silly 80s/90s genre movies with a dumb premise; a movie needs to have had a wide-ish release and be available for people to watch on Amazon/Netflix/Hulu, not just a crappy Youtube upload in ten parts.

I mean, I would love to hear HDTGM go to town on something like Jack Frost (1996 horror film, not the family one) but Halloween 3 is a much better fit for the show.

I mean, I would love to hear HDTGM go to town on something like Jack Frost (1996 horror film, not the family one) but Halloween 3 is a much better fit for the show.

HDTGM's wheelhouse is mainstream releases, so I think you're exactly right there.

I'd actually like to see HDTGM go to town on the family movie Jack Frost, haha. I believe PFT had a small part in that.

I first heard about this from Patton Oswalt's CD and then rented it from Netflix. It is fucking nuts to say the least. And watching people getting eaten is like watching something dissolve in acid in a science classroom. What's funnier is when someone has their hands eaten and for the rest of the movie they have two plastic skeleton hands from a science display that they are holding onto inside their coat.

Sign in to follow this