🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Before Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson made the most bat-shit crazy movie ever! It has all these crazy ideas in one movie with intentional hilariously bad dialogue. There's a kung fu priest who will "kick ass for the Lord". A mom whose bitten by a Rat Monkey at a zoo. A creative scene with a mutant baby in a stroller at a park. Living dead family members having dinner while their decomposing body parts are falling into their soup. And they are all corralled by the bumbling protagonist who tries to lead a normal life and keep them a secret from the love of his life(yes there's romance too). And just when you think this movie has shown it all (e.g. decapitations, zombie sex, talking intestines, zombie-o-lantern, and melting faces), it ramps up the finale showdown and it completely pays off! Best party movie ever! See it with a lot of people and be disgusted while laughing your asses off together!

Before Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson made the most bat-shit crazy movie ever! It has all these crazy ideas in one movie with intentional hilariously bad dialogue. There's a kung fu priest who will "kick ass for the Lord". A mom whose bitten by a Rat Monkey at a zoo. A creative scene with a mutant baby in a stroller at a park. Living dead family members having dinner while their decomposing body parts are falling into their soup. And they are all corralled by the bumbling protagonist who tries to lead a normal life and keep them a secret from the love of his life(yes there's romance too). And just when you think this movie has shown it all (e.g. decapitations, zombie sex, talking intestines, zombie-o-lantern, and melting faces), it ramps up the finale showdown and it completely pays off! Best party movie ever! See it with a lot of people and be disgusted while laughing your asses off together!

I loved this movie as a kid for how over the top gory it was. From the party massacre to the whole lawnmower scene it was nuts from top to bottom. Then for some reason they throw in the plot point of the mom killing the main character's dad and the priest who "kicks ass for the lord" and the punk who gets castrated while pissing on the mom's grave, this movie is perfect for a Halloween episode.

Yes!! That's a great idea! This should be a Halloween episode! And thanks for reminding me about the lawnmower scene! I can see Jason Manyzoukas break a record for the times he says "this is absolute insanity!"

I just wish there was a picture of the grocery store that was sold out of tomato paste in order to make that scene.

Love love love Dead Alive but honestly, I think Meet the Feebles or Bad Taste would make for a better episode. They're both so damn bizarre

• Like 1

I honestly think Peter Jackson took acid and decided to make a puppet movie with Meet the Feebles.

You could tell from the cinematography in the beginning that Peter Jackson is good. This movie is crazy even for us horror fans. I do not remember zombie sex in it, did that really happen?

Yeah it was when the priest and punks were killed and then put in the basement. It allowed for the zombie baby to be born.

Love love love Dead Alive but honestly, I think Meet the Feebles or Bad Taste would make for a better episode. They're both so damn bizarre

Yeah Braindead (the uncut version of dead alive we have in the UK and elswhere) would make for a good show as in it's awesome, check it out, but meet the feebles would make for a perfect, PERFECT wtf show

Braindead, released as Dead Alive in North America, is a 1992 New Zealand zombie horror comedy gore film co-written and directed by Peter Jackson. The film was written by Jackson with his partner Fran Walsh and Stephen Sinclair.

This is the strangest and most entertaining zombie movie ever. There are zombie grandmothers, ninja priests, zombie sex, and zombie babies. And that is hardly scratching the surface. This movie builds and builds on itself and the ending it totally bonkers. And brought to you by the mastermind behind LOTR. HDTGM needs to review this one.

Braindead, released as Dead Alive in North America, is a 1992 New Zealand zombie horror comedy gore film co-written and directed by Peter Jackson. The film was written by Jackson with his partner Fran Walsh and Stephen Sinclair.

This is the strangest and most entertaining zombie movie ever. There are zombie grandmothers, ninja priests, zombie sex, and zombie babies. And that is hardly scratching the surface. This movie builds and builds on itself and the ending it totally bonkers. And brought to you by the mastermind behind LOTR. HDTGM needs to review this one.

Awesome movie. Would love if they could figure out what is going on in that movie.

This would be the best HDTGM episode I could ever think of. As a Kiwi I legitimately take pride in this movie, and am so proud of the talents that worked in it. Our film and television sector is very young, and Peter Jackson's early work was the most bizarre possible way that you could expect local cinema to grow - but films like Braindead were huge here, and are massive cult hits to this day. That's not to belittle the work of the other great directors, but nobody established their voice like Jackson. The sfx for the early nineties in NZ film are astounding. Even just the old miniature sets of Wellington, and the props from the fifties and stuff. The attention to detail in this film was I argue unlike any other before it in NZ. And all the while the film is this insane schlocky, z-grade, zombie horror, gorefest, which shouldn't work (NZ doesn't exactly have a long lineage of horror or zombie tales), but works better than most films of its type. I am biased and sentimental I am very aware but I don't care. This movie owns.

Interesting side note: for a while in NZ there was a live stage show of this, and they would cover the crowd before the final massacre. I only wish I could have seen this.

Dead Alive

Meet the Feebles

Bad Taste

those are actually all of them.

I liked the Frighteners

(I only check 10 pages, they might already have been suggested)