🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 219 — Farts and Procreation 3

Damn, over 100 posts. CBB is blowing up like Ice Cube's pager (on a good day).

In related news, I just saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp, and it said "Scott Aukerman's a Pimp."

• Like 1

You said you'd been listening for 4 years but you just seem so jaded and negative towards the entire idea of the show that it makes me wonder why you post here at all. As I said, you don't have to enjoy the program but if you don't enjoy it then don't post here and complain about how much you dislike it. If you do enjoy it but didn't particularly enjoy an episode than offer something constructive rather than snide remarks. If you're criticism is done in a polite manner, people will be much more receptive to it. I know I certainly haven't loved every episode or character that's been on the show.

I'm always open to read people's negative reactions to episodes and have a discussion about it but when it's done in an offensive manner or when trying to draw a reaction from fans than I'm just not interested. Like the person who said "they couldn't wait until the next Wompler episode to post about how much they hate her." That's not a valid criticism, it's an inflammatory post looking to get a rise out of people. If you don't like it, don't listen and don't troll the forums.

Again, sorry for calling you a cunt. I hope you stick around the forums and find a way to be constructive with your criticisms

I appreciate the apology... Sincerely. You're a bigger man (woman) than I.

S

I'm still going to have to disagree with your interpretation of what a "troll" is or indeed what an "inflammatory" post is. I honestly didn't think I was being overly snarky.. I was genuinely disappointed with the show.

A post from Bucho sort of got me thinking. It is indeed because I LOVE this show so frickin much that when I know how genius they can be, the disappointing ones are especially disappointing. It just so happens that I found the last 2 sub-par, which is unusual.

If people legitimately think these episodes were hilarious, than who am I to disagree

I just think IF (and I'm not saying this is happening but IF) people are ALWAYS giving nothing but superlative praise it actually diminishes the truly genius episodes. If everything is awesome, than nothing becomes special.

For instance, Andy Dalys episode where all his characters successively commit suicide out the studio window was pure gold... Truly special.

Like, I honestly can't get my head around comments like this from Valerie Bryant

These forums generally are for compliments and praise, partially because it seems mean to say shitty stuff when the people on the show will likely read it.

What the hell? Don't be honest about a lame episode because the ARTISTS might be trolling the forum?

Irony.

I just created an account just so I can like this effin' post.

Which is the exact right response to that effin' post.

I love 80% of the characters on CBB. I WILL ABSOLUTELY DEFEND LIL GARY.

You mean Cartman?

This whole series has been perfect.

Farts & Pro 1 actually made me start watching Parks & Rec and it is now one of my favorite TV shows.

Unlike other peeps, I enjoyed Farts & Pro 2 even more than the first! Rod Aug and Blaise's album title was killer.

The third Farts & Pro was spectacular! The murder of Kulap and Chelsea's laughing got me. The inception of characs made me laugh harder than I've laughed since Time Bobby 2. I've listened to it 3 times already.

Bring on Farts & Pro 4!

I have to admit I'm not a Wompler fan either, it just gets annoying and old, the voice specifically. I think if the Wompler Lissler were guests who got 20 minutes at the end I'd love them, but when I have to hear that shit for an entire hour and 20 minute episode it gets really grating. Maybe she should start her own school podcast for all you Wompler-ites out there

• Like 1

Love the podcast in general. But this episode was really bad. I don't think I laughed at all and the neverending devolving character skit was painful to listen to.

Have a wonderful day. :)

• Like 3

Isn't liking your own post a bit ouroboric? It's like crossing your own timestream or something.

• Like 4

Harris Wittels had it pegged in the first Farts and Pro when he said, "I have a feeling the message boards on this are really going to hurt my feelings."

Criticism of entertainment is perhaps the most useless thing a human being can do. If you don't like it, move along. No one owes you a damn thing. No one has to make entertainment to please you. If you aren't being entertained then make something yourself. Get the equipment and make the podcast you wish to hear. Some of us may like it and start listening. Later, someone will come on your forum and tell you how you are not doing it right. You will remember back to when you were them and appreciate the irony. It will still hurt. Don't rip a person down who tries to entertain you. It's just a silly, worthless, sad, pathetic thing to do. Period.

• Like 3

Isn't liking your own post a bit ouroboric? It's like crossing your own timestream or something.

I just assumed that he went on to have a wonderful day, and then came back in here and liked the post as a way of saying thank you for the encouragement to have a wonderful day.

• Like 3

Harris Wittels had it pegged in the first Farts and Pro when he said, "I have a feeling the message boards on this are really going to hurt my feelings."

Criticism of entertainment is perhaps the most useless thing a human being can do. If you don't like it, move along. No one owes you a damn thing. No one has to make entertainment to please you. If you aren't being entertained then make something yourself. Get the equipment and make the podcast you wish to hear. Some of us may like it and start listening. Later, someone will come on your forum and tell you how you are not doing it right. You will remember back to when you were them and appreciate the irony. It will still hurt. Don't rip a person down who tries to entertain you. It's just a silly, worthless, sad, pathetic thing to do. Period.

Don't tell me what to do.

• Like 2

Love the podcast in general. But this episode was really bad. I don't think I laughed at all and the neverending devolving character skit was painful to listen to.

Have a wonderful day. :)

Dude, why did you post this comment? If you want cbb to make more podcasts that you like, then why not comment on stuff you enjoy, rather than saying 'I don't like dis' It just seems petty and rude.

Also, another thing I dislike is saying something insulting and then putting a smiley at the end of your comment. It just makes it look really creepy, like you're a bond villain or something.

• Like 1

Dude, why did you post this comment? If you want cbb to make more podcasts that you like, then why not comment on stuff you enjoy, rather than saying 'I don't like dis' It just seems petty and rude.

Also, another thing I dislike is saying something insulting and then putting a smiley at the end of your comment. It just makes it look really creepy, like you're a bond villain or something.

Ya man, push all those honest feelings deep down and never speak of them again.

I mean, imagine how much better the world would be if we never said truthful things and just made people feel good about themselves?

Like my Mom used to say, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't join a CBB forum"

So can someone point me to the forum where people talk honestly about the podcast, warts and all.

I just love how when people bring up valid criticism they are labelled "haters" "trolls" "new listeners" or in my case, a "cunt".

Why so defensive people? It's like the guests are your immediate family or something.

Comedy is subjective but could you at least entertain the possibility that it was more "miss" than "hit"?

(Seriously though, where's the forum that talks honestly about this stuff?)

Podmass A/V Club

I lost my shit when Chelsea couldn't stop laughing at the thought of murdering Kulap with both a gun and a knife.

Me too. She went full-on maniacal for a minute at the idea of slaughtering her friend, and REALLY wanted a response. I'd be willing to wager she was the world's most irritating little sister.

• Like 1

BTW, Scott wins the award for best non-character for his portrayal of Ping Pong Jones (Doctor).

• Like 2

I mean, imagine how much better the world would be if we never said truthful things and just made people feel good about themselves?

That actually does sound like a better world. If we just told people what we enjoy about their work, with maybe a smidgen of constructive criticism, always with the aim of analysis of art and improving stuff and not just "That episode was shitty, have a brilliant day, guys! :) :) :) :) :) " then, you know, a few days later maybe there would be no more conflict in the middle east.

• Like 2

I thought the first half dragged a bit, but the last half was as good a anything they've ever done. I await Farts and Pro 4 with open arms.

(Also, I don't get why you guys get mad that someone doesn't like what you like. I've noticed on this forum if a comment gets posted that deviates from loving compliments, a shitstorm brews. Learn to ignore stupid people, I guess.)

• Like 2

(Also, I don't get why you guys get mad that someone doesn't like what you like. I've noticed on this forum if a comment gets posted that deviates from loving compliments, a shitstorm brews. Learn to ignore stupid people, I guess.)

It's all in the delivery.

• Like 1

It's all in the delivery.

It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno.

• Like 4

I don't get why you guys get mad that someone doesn't like what you like. I've noticed on this forum if a comment gets posted that deviates from loving compliments, a shitstorm brews.

Any time somebody makes a strong absolute statement – positive or negative – about something that's inherently subjective, people are going to get pissed off. If I stand up and say the Beatles are the best/worst band of all time, when their music is something that you either personally dig or you don't, somebody's going to get angry about it.

I've managed to complain about CBB bits on these boards, and bat around .500 between people generally accepting my criticism of the show and people kind of freaking out about it.

It has a lot to do with knowing the room. Obviously, this is a forum for huge CBB fans, some of whom are pretty fanatical about it, so I'd frame an objection to an episode here a lot more carefully than I would in a general comedy forum, for instance.

I'd love it if people on the message board were (a) sensitive to their framing when they bag on the show, and (b ) less inclined to completely lose their shit when somebody expresses an opinion that doesn't align with theirs.

When people talked in this podcast, I listened. And when they listened, I talked.

Guys, as we found out from the episode 81 of improv4humans thread, all these negative comments are probably just one or two people with 10 accounts, so there's really no need to worry.

Sign in to follow this