🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Boys, boys, boys! Please let the lovely June finish her sentences without constantly cutting her off.

As the lone feminine voice of the podcast (besides Jason), June is always getting interrupted before being allowed to even finish a sentence, much less make a larger point. Can a woman get a word in edgewise?!

<end rant>

The object of a comedy podcast like this is to say as many laugh lines in an hour as possible. It's a riff-fest. If she isn't saying to get a laugh, she shouldn't say it.

The object of a comedy podcast like this is to say as many laugh lines in an hour as possible. It's a riff-fest. If she isn't saying to get a laugh, she shouldn't say it.

This statement has all the advantages of being insulting, deliberately obtuse, and wrong. Congratulations!

HTDGM is not a "comedy podcast"; it is a movie discussion podcast hosted by comedians. Given their preparation beforehand, their critical analysis, and their attempts to divine the intent of those responsible for insane artistic choices, it's more or less the opposite of a "riff-fest".

Boys, boys, boys! Please let the lovely June finish her sentences without constantly cutting her off.

NachoMother, to your point, there was a recent (and lengthy) discussion of June getting cut off in the comments for the Spice World episode. Rest assured, plenty of other listeners agree with you.

• Like 2

As the lone feminine voice of the podcast (besides Jason), June is always getting interrupted before being allowed to even finish a sentence, much less make a larger point. Can a woman get a word in edgewise?!

<end rant>

I've mentioned this myself in the past, but I actually think the boys have been watching themselves on the last few shows. June has had some of the best observations lately. Of course, there are times where everyone steps on everyone else, that's sort of the nature of the beast.

• Like 2

Huh, I actually thought June had been the MVP of the last few episodes;

• Guys, but what exactly IS a 'street fighter'?
  • She really drove the discussion in that 'Stop or My Mom Will Shoot' episode, especially early on. That and the Jack and Jill advocacy.
  • One of my favourite lines in the most recent, Paul is attempting to describe the church ceremony, and June deadpans; 'Paul...that was Mass.'
  • The increasingly erratic pronounciations of Leelee Sobieski in the Name of the King.

• Like 1

Jason and Paul talk over everybody, including eachother, so I don't see what the big deal is. When June has something she really wants to say she says it, otherwise she'll let them talk. A podcast like this, or any podcast really, has to have somebody driving the conversation and there are going to be people getting cutoff. June seems to let Paul and Jason drive most of the shows while still saying plenty.

I also agree that June has been really good these last few weeks. I'm not sure if Paul and Jason have made it a point to let her speak more or if she has just had more memorable things to say, but I've always thought she was great on the show and think the three of them have maybe the best chemistry out of any podcast I've heard.