🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
spglee

The Ice Pirates (1984)

The description on IMDB:

In the far future water is the most valuable substance. Two space pirates are captured, sold to a princess, and recruited to help her find her father who disappeared when he found information dangerous to the rulers. A real Space Opera with sword fights, explosions, fighting robots, monsters, bar fights and time warps.

Cast members include: Robert Urich, Angelica Huston, John Carradine, and Ron Perlman

Ron Perlman. In only his second film appearance ever.

The description above doesn't even begin to describe the craziness of this movie.

Giant White Afros.

Space Herpes.

Eunich Machine.

Such a fun, fun movie.

• Like 2

One of the craziest sex scenes ever, if I recall.

Yes! Skip to 2:30 or so.

• Like 1

In the glory days of 1989, it seemed like this movie was always on cable, along with Big Trouble In Little China.

• Like 1

In the glory days of 1989, it seemed like this movie was always on cable, along with Big Trouble In Little China.

I wish I had your cable provider back then. At that time, I think I was watching nothing but Schwarzenegger, Stallone and James Bond films. Sadly, I just saw Big Trouble in Little China for the first time earlier this year.

Love this film, had it on vhs as a kid and watched it all the time till the tape broke. Could never remember the name of the film untill about 16 years ago when I re-found it and got a copy. Still love it now brilliant over the top adventure

Just watched this again last night. It's absurd.

• If ever you've longed for a movie with "space herpes", this is it!
  • The time-travel paradox part of the film is amazingly bad. I mean, a robot gets nervous and diarrheas oil and bolts!
  • Unicorns!
  • Lobotomies and castration!
  • Bruce Vilanch!
  • A jive-talking robot pimp!

• Like 1

Nostalgia had a hand in me buy this movie. In future I must remember one should not always revisit things from their childhood regardless of how cheap it is to do so.

If Star Trek was a woman, and Star Wars, Battlestar Glactica, and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy came into a blender, than this movie would be their mutant Danny Devito Junior baby. I think its great.

• Like 1

BUMP. I don't know if this is awful or brilliant. But I know I watched it approximately 30 times when I was a kid.

• Like 1

Yeah I'll bump this. This is a solid choice. I can totally see them having fun with this. Saw it a lot as a kid... not sure what channel it was on, but whatever it was, it was on a lot.

I’m watching this now. I haven’t seen it since I was 7 years old. It... doesn’t really hold up, but wow, this cast, Ron Perlman, Anjelica Huston.