🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Lando

Scarface (just hear me out, I am not trolling)

The lyrics to Push It To The Limit are perfect for Scarface and especially for that montage.

Push it to the limit

Walk along the razor's edge

but don't look down, just keep your head

and you'll be finished

Open up the limit

past the point of no return

You've reached the top but still you gotta learn

how to keep it

Push it to the limit

(The limit)

With no one left to stand in your way

you might get careless, but you'll never be safe

while you still feel it

I do like the soundtrack of "Scarface," but that's more out of my love of 80's synthesizer music than for any way it worked with the movie or whatever. (In fact, I think I may like it more because I heard it first in "Grand Theft Auto III.")

\

I've gotta agree. This movie is so insane and over the top. I can't really agree that Scarface is well made. I've thought this for years, but never knew that other people agreed with me. The acting is pretty bad overall. The accents are terrible, and it's pretty offensive that there are a bunch of white actors in "tan face" portraying Cubans.

some call it the greatest b-movie of all-time.

Regardless of what you think of "Hearts on Fire", I think we can ALL agree that Robert Tepper's "No Easy Way Out" from the same film is the finest montage song of all muthafuckin' time and deserves to be the national anthem, if that was the kind of thing that could be voted on.

Regardless of what you think of "Hearts on Fire", I think we can ALL agree that Robert Tepper's "No Easy Way Out" from the same film is the finest montage song of all muthafuckin' time and deserves to be the national anthem, if that was the kind of thing that could be voted on.

Didn't Tepper also do the montage song in Cobra?

I've never seen this movie. It came out the year before I was born, is super long, stars Al Pacino (who I don't really care for), is about subject matter that I don't find all that appealing, and most of the big moments in it have been spoiled for me since it's such a part of popular culture, so I've never got around to it. I plan to though.

Anybody else have big classic movies that they've just never got around to seeing?

I've never seen this movie. It came out the year before I was born, is super long, stars Al Pacino (who I don't really care for), is about subject matter that I don't find all that appealing, and most of the big moments in it have been spoiled for me since it's such a part of popular culture, so I've never got around to it. I plan to though.

Anybody else have big classic movies that they've just never got around to seeing?

I have never seen any of the Godfather movies and don't really feel the need to. Like you said, I kinda know the beats of the story because everyone in pop culture references it in someway (although I would most likely get everything out of order ala

)

One thing I find kinda fun about watching iconic films I've missed out on is retroactively understanding references in other things I've seen. Pretty much any time I watch some old movie I've never seen I understand a joke on an old Simpsons episode that had flown over my head, haha.

• Like 1

well if you never seen High Plains Drifter‎ you would not get the joke in the simpsons about painting the town red.

Shariq Torres you should blind buy the god father trilogy and just sit down one weekend and enjoy it. you'll thank me in the end. it's one of the best movies ever made.

You know Steven king once said, if you want to learn to be a writer. first you need to read good books first and he's right. you need to see good movies before you can really appreciate good and bad movies other wise you have no idea what's really bad and whats really good. why some movies are just plain called classics. Godfather is like a movie that is mandatory for you to watch in a film making class. it's good to challenge your self now and again and watch something you would never in a million years watch. I did this with the good the bad and the ugly, being a child in the 70's I remember gun smoke reruns and crappy Western movies that got beating to death. I didn't like them tell I watch one of the best ones you can ever see. Sergio Leone is like the George Lucas of westerns movies. You would not have star wars if it wasn't for Sergio Leone, and you would not understand that star wars is really a western in space. I mean Lukes got a poncho on in the early Starwars movies and Han Solo wears his gun like like a old cowboy. there is a lot of love to the oid western movies in star wars, the laser gun sounds. I could go on all day about it but I can't.

Scarface is a genuinely bad movie, and is a great emblem of 80's excess. But I don't see how it can be broken down or discussed in a genuinely funny way. Just my opinion.

My issue with Scarface is how many people, especially ones I have to be around on daily basis often rave about it and (in my opinion) like it for all the wrong reasons. Like how they they see Tony Montana as a fucking cool, awesome badass, almost a role model.

Scarface is a genuinely bad movie, and is a great emblem of 80's excess. But I don't see how it can be broken down or discussed in a genuinely funny way. Just my opinion.

So for me (and I suspect other regulars as well), this board serves two purposes:

1. Legitimately suggest movies that would be good on an episode of HDTGM

2. Discuss movies with other regulars

This thread was intended to be the 2nd.

My issue with Scarface is how many people, especially ones I have to be around on daily basis often rave about it and (in my opinion) like it for all the wrong reasons. Like how they they see Tony Montana as a fucking cool, awesome badass, almost a role model.

Gangster Gordon Gekko

I love this movie... why did you have to bring life to this thread again!!

bv000030.gif

Die dam you thread

I didn't bump it, joel_rosenbaum resurrected it just to say that it wouldn't make a good episode.

Sign in to follow this