🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 25 — The Locker Gifts

In the aftermath of the final confrontation against Lord Noral, we join our heroes as they explore a new found ship. Familiarizing themselves with the inside of the ship, they stumble upon a couple of lockers that are etched with everyone’s names. Tune in to find out what kind of special trinkets these special lockers hold!

First you pull us all in with Sir Richard's unquestionable honor and integrity, and only too late do we realize we're rooting for an apparently insane jihadist of Bahamut.

Gerry you magnificient bastard.

• Like 5

Doubt Bahamut would approve but I was hoping Sir Richard would pocket those necklaces. The group has been on this damn lawful good kick lately and its a total boner kill!

I can only hope Stargoyle is an adorable agent of evil.

Gerry's role playing is bar none.

Also, Mildred saying, "noiccce..." at her refurbished war-hammer made my day.

all hail Bath-matt.

• Like 2

Mildred backhanding Sir Richard is one of the greatest moments in the history of this show.

BTW Stargoyle was a replacement member for KISS right?

• Like 2

There wasn't a ton of action this episode but I thought it was great nonetheless!

Sir Richard going full on zealot mode for Bahamut was pretty hysterical and I look forward to hearing "STARGOYLE" every week from Ken now!

• Like 1

Stargoyle!

I saw them open up for Vorpal Botch down at the OC Fair last year, near the taffy pull.

• Like 2

Yeah Gerry was killing it this episode and I love how really in character or in line it is with what he's gone through. If you were already a paladin in service of a God, then were brought back to life and tasked form that God with evidence on your body of the righteousness of your resurrection - damn right you'd be a zealot. NOTHING and NOONE else would matter if it didn't serve Bahamut's purpose. Plus it riles up Mildred and Amarth so its doubly great.

I love this show. I mean it when I say it is one of only 2 even listenable D&D podcasts on the web and its the only one that records regularly. Sark's world development and DMing is sublime. I've only had one mild instance of being underwhelmed and that was because what had come before it was so great, plus I'm a whiney ass-hole. The way the gang plays is whats best about D&D and is what every table should aim to be. In character play, out of character fucking around, and no gigantic social outcasts who laugh after every single thing they say ** . I look forward to this podcast every week.

Okay this will be my last negative comment about Bartho Shett I swear but, damn I forgot he was dragon-born! I even said out loud "oh shit yeah thats right" when Sark brought it up. I forgot because there is just absolutely nothing to that character. Not a thing. Nothing to make you remember who he is, what he is, or what purpose he serves. He's a dragon-born with a strength of 21 or 22 (I only know because they said it this episode)? Has he ever displayed his tank ability in combat? I'm asking sincerely. Even his "tailor-made" locker gift was only unique because it was for a dragon. Everything else went with character as well. Amarth's a muscular dolt quick to anger, Mildred has a big heart and a big brow, Blackie can be summed up with the phrase "finger guns", and Sir Richard (and Naked Druid Bear Man before him) both had unique characters, such that the boards were clamoring for the latter's return. Bartho Shett is....what?

** seriously thats why I can't even tolerate any of the myriad D&D / Pathfinder podcasts on itubes and elsewhere - the geek laughing. OH.My.. God. On every single podcast there's on of those fuckers that laughs after every single thing they say with that exhale-breath laugh. There's one where they eat the whole time,like directly into the mic. I'm on a D&D/Pathfinder kick right now so I've been chasing down as many of these as I can. I should go through and list the most egregious examples.

I always thought that Bart was pretty identifiable as the Cowardly Lion of the group. His crying from around the corner when they found Sparklett's box is a classic NP:D&DwBP&F moment for me.

Have you ever listened to the Critical Hit podcast, out of curiosity? I mostly like that one.

• Like 1

Loved this episode. Can't wait to see what these items do, and hope they eventually find out what their other items do.

• Like 1

Stargoyle! I love it. He's like the new kid they add when sitcoms get boring. I hope there aren't any hijinx.

• Like 1

Stargoyle is so adorable. I would really like to see someone with great art skills draw him (no offense to RIP Spirit Bear, your version is hilarious).

• Like 1

I REALLY want a Mildred shirt that reads "Tiny Menace". Thanks for that Gerry.

• Like 1

I REALLY want a Mildred shirt that reads "Tiny Menace". Thanks for that Gerry.

I feel like that has to be on a number of baby apparel items already. Mildred probably shops at Baby Gap anyway. Somebody's gotta buy all those "sexy baby" clothes without feeling like a horrible person. Other than horrible people, I mean.

• Like 3

Somebody's gotta buy all those "sexy baby" clothes without feeling like a horrible person. Other than horrible people, I mean.

Statements like that could get you banned from New Jersey.

• Like 2

Statements like that could get you banned from New Jersey.

which really isn't even a punishment so much as a good excuse not to go to Jersey City.

• Like 4

Argh it's the elevator all over again!

I know D&D is about story-telling not JUST hack-n-slash but after that last batch of high action episodes these last 2 were painful to listen to.

Cheers to the only RPer in the group Sir Richard!