🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 25 — The Locker Gifts

Stargoyle's too cute: I hope Amarth kills him.

• Like 1

I feel like that has to be on a number of baby apparel items already. Mildred probably shops at Baby Gap anyway. Somebody's gotta buy all those "sexy baby" clothes without feeling like a horrible person. Other than horrible people, I mean.

Haha! I didn't think about babies, because I don't think about babies. I want one to wear because I'm not quite 5' tall yet. No snaps at the bottom, please.

• Like 1

Haha! I didn't think about babies, because I don't think about babies. I want one to wear because I'm not quite 5' tall yet. No snaps at the bottom, please.

Out of likes for the day. Wanted to say this is is awesome.

• Like 2

I gotta say, I don't think about babies all that much either. I think I've reached my full hight at this point in life (which is over 5 feet), yet I would want a tiny menace onesy with snaps to allude to the fact that the degree to which I menace others is smaller than small. It's tiny. I need to acknowledge this part of myself and share it with the world.

I have to thank this show, its hosts and the forum folks. My 11 year old nephew got into D & D about six months ago. He asked me to come over and play with he, his dad, and about six friends of theirs. The first time I played, I was pretty lost. Well, I listened to every episode of this and last weekend we played again. Thanks to the cursory understanding I got of the rules, I was not as lost listening to the DM talk. I tried to weave some comedy in (a bit cleaner) and tried to encourage the sort of tangential enjoyment I've heard on the show. The kids really loved it. Watching them dive deeper into their characters and making up the story as they went, was just a ton of fun. I can see why creative people come out of these games. I think D & D owes you guys a finders fee, as I am sure I am not the only person now actively looking for ways to get myself, and kids around me, playing.

So good on you!

• Like 4

When I hear Stargoyle, I think of this craziness...

char_85750.jpg

When I hear Stargoyle, I think of this craziness...

char_85750.jpg

Glomer! I remember he was some kind of a hairy leprechaun that hung out with cartoon Punky Brewster.

BTW, supercool that they're finally off of the water world. Looking forward to new scenery after almost 7 months .

Yeah fuck that planet. This gas giant should give us a plethora of cramped fartbox word-play. Really looking forward to the next stage in this madness.

• Like 1

BTW, supercool that they're finally off of the water world. Looking forward to new scenery after almost 7 months .

Wow I can't believe it's been that long!

Anyway I loved this episode--while I love fighting and action, I think these "slower" episodes really shine for character "development" and Sark's creativity and storytelling is AMAZING. That man....yum.

We should start a drinking game for Nerd poker. Every time Sark says "sort of," would be first on the list.

Blackee is so awesome BTW! If you think about it, he's this incredibly smart, incredibly beautiful man with this squad of crazy shit-stupid goons around him being assholes while he and Stargoyle figure things out and are actually thinking. What better familiar than Stargoyle?! I cant handle the cute!

• Like 1

This episode started strong and then turned into a staff meeting of college librarians.

An open letter to Ken/Bartho Shett: Please never ever stop saying "Stargoyle!" :)

• Like 1

Are they going to level up?!

XP was certainly had. Depends on how much they rest before the next stop. Hopefully Sark will drop some levels on these fools.

I do like to think that Stargoyle is a constantly spinning and moving collage of universes and stars like the picture though.

What happened with the dead women hanging in the ship from Episode 1? Was that ever explained?

I think we're looking for them to get to the bottom of that mystery as they pursue the collectors. We still have no idea what their game is right now.

I think we're looking for them to get to the bottom of that mystery as they pursue the collectors. We still have no idea what their game is right now.

Ok, I'm gonna have to keep listening because it's been bugging me for months? Are the guys ever gonna get back to their holiday cruise is all I wanna know!

I asked my friend to top the Tarrasque and find a more badass D&D creature and he sent me this:

http://bp1.blogger.c...-h/IMG_1643.JPG

I hope NP:D&Dw/BP&F don't have to deal with this. Also, I wonder how many episodes it would take for them to get to level 9,271.

Interesting to note that "a planet has roughly 80,000 hit points"?

Does this mean that 100 high level characters (otherwise known as an army) dealing 800 points of damage each to the ground could destroy a planet? That hardly seems feasible!

Am i the only one that layers the podcast with music? I like to use video game music for it and right now i am digging on Bastion's soundtrack by Super Giant games. supergiantgames.bandcamp has all the music from the game there. Slingers song is perfect when some as kickin is a foot.

Have you ever listened to the Critical Hit podcast, out of curiosity? I mostly like that one.

Sorry I didn't notice this question.

Yeah I tried listening to that one, I gave it a fair shot on two occasions. The "people in different places" thing messes with my enjoyment as does some of the personalities on there. Truth be told personalities on most of these RPG podcasts can be pretty damned off-putting. I'm a miserable grouch but a lot of what I've sampled embodies some of my worst RPG experiences. For a long time I liked the idea of D&D but not actually having to sit with the people who are into it. Then I found a group of folks who were cool who played. Some of these podcasts that are out there (Beer & Battle & Paths of Gaeda Pathfinder Sessions are 2 huge examples of this) feature 3 hours of prime social awkwardness. The laughing while they talk thing, is like the SNL sketch The Bloder Brothers is what it sounds like.

These guys play okay but the guy with the dog with the jangling chain KILLS me http://www.rpgmp3.co...iewtopic&t=4691

I'm trying to find the one where they ate directly into the mic. There's a British guy and an Indian girl on it.

Ugh, can we vote Sarah off the show? Kills the fun every time she opens her mouth.

Ugh, can we vote Sarah off the show? Kills the fun every time she opens her mouth.

Whoa whoa whoa... what? WHAT?! That makes no sense to me. Kills the fun? I don't understand.

Sarah, in my opinion, is probably the BEST player of the group. She's always trying to make sure they think two steps ahead, always trying to gather information, plays with compassion (which there's usually a strategic benefit to), and she's a bonafide badass.

Sarah's the shit. Huge asset to the team, they'd probably be dead without her.

• Like 8

Whoa whoa whoa... what? WHAT?! That makes no sense to me. Kills the fun? I don't understand.

Sarah, in my opinion, is probably the BEST player of the group. She's always trying to make sure they think two steps ahead, always trying to gather information, plays with compassion (which there's usually a strategic benefit to), and she's a bonafide badass.

Sarah's the shit. Huge asset to the team, they'd probably be dead without her.

she's definately great most of the time, but i found myself getting really frustrated with the whole "we have to go say goodbye to the people who helped us before" thing. like, you get a chance to go to some cool new place in a spaceship and you wanna go back to some boring place you've been before and are pretty much done with? fuck that survivor camp, they killed El Ryan!!! I hope Sark had them all end up being massacred because of that exact reason. but that's hardly a Sarah specific issue, there's been a few episodes where I've wanted to scream into my computer because they waste 30 minutes standing around not decideding to do something or arguing about some dumb idea when there's way more interesting shit going on.