🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Eringoblah

Big Bully (Rick Moranis and Tom Arnold, together at last!!!)

BIG BULLY. Legend has it that Rick Moranis retired in 1997 to raise his two children. That's not true. Rick Moranis retired directly before the filming of this movie.

You can actually see Moranis counting the minutes until he can collect his check and leave film forever, while Tom Arnold is trying so hard he is panting. Don't know how to describe the insanity of it starting as a heartwarming family film and devolving into an insane black comedy with these two LITERALLY trying to murder each other. 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MB0FQS5YTU

(Premise of this movie is that Rick Moranis's kid is now bullying the son of his childhood bully, Tom Arnold; at no point does it occur to Ricky Mo to tell his son to, like, not do that.)

• Like 2

This movie was nuts, I remember there being a subplot where teachers thought Moranis was on crack and that Tom Arnold's parents abandoned him while he was in juvenile hall.

• Like 1

Other wacky subplots: Moranis's buddy is an arsonist firefighter, there is often a fake talk show featuring people who married their pets playing in the background of scenes, and his neighbor Jeffrey Tambor is possibly a murderer.

• Like 1

Oh boy. The best word I could use to describe this movie would be "insufferable." It starts out wanting to be a wacky family comedy, ends up trying to be a black comedy, and fails to be at all funny in either extreme.

Rick Moranis is tired and uninterested, Tom Arnold is schizophrenic, and the rest of the cast is wallpaper. I can't remember the last time I so desperately wanted a movie to be over.

With that in mind, I can't wait to hear what Paul, June, and Jason have to say about all this.

Also of note:

What else am I forgetting?

• Like 1

Tom Arnold has got to be the most unfunniest tryhard ever.

If you feel like killing yourself, watch his movies The Stupids.