🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I'll just paste in the synopsis from imdb:

A mother/daughter pair of witches descend on a yuppie family's home and cause havoc, one at a time since they share one body & the other must live in a cat the rest of the time. Now it's up to the family's mother, a private detective and a suspended police officer to try and stop the witches.

No part of this movie isn't insane.

You didn't even mention the insane behind-the-scenes story!

This is Bette Davis' last movie, and she appears in it for about 11 minutes (according to IMDb). She walked off the movie, saying she hated the script. (The director claims she left for health reasons, which might be plausible seeing as how she died soon after it was released.) After debating whether they should replace her with Bea Arthur or Lucille Ball, they ended up deciding on having her character become a cat at various times while her daughter shows up.

Because hey, who can tell the difference between a cat and Bette Freaking Davis?

Here's the part that surprised me: written and directed by Larry Cohen. I mean, I'm not the guys biggest fan, but Jesus Christ that a big spiral down in quality. Yeah, the Stuff isn't that great, but it's not Wicked Stepmother.

Sign in to follow this